- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago Makeup Tips: How To Fix Cakey Makeup Without Taking It Off?
- 9 hrs ago Travel Horoscope 2023: Fulfil Your Long-Standing Travel Dreams This Year To Exotic Destinations
- 9 hrs ago Compassion Meditation: How To Show True Compassion Towards Yourself And Your Loved Ones
- News PM Modi in Rajasthan today to take part in birth anniversary celebrations of Lord Devnarayan
- Finance 'Sebi' Bans 19 Entities From Securities Mkt For Fraudulent Trading In Superior Finlease Shares
- Sports Athlete turned entrepreneur Diksha Chhillar is bringing new waves of change in sports industry
- Movies Throwback: Priyanka Choudhary Reveals Ankit Gupta’s First Compliment For Her; Says ‘Isne Mujhe Bola Ki….’
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Automobiles 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Every year a large number of people suffer from vision loss. Hence, it becomes necessary to give it a thought and protect and take care of our eyes in every possible way. While there are some diseases of the eyes that cannot be prevented, there are some simple steps that can be followed in order to protect our eyes from damage.
These steps not only help to keep our eyes healthy, but also reduce the chances of suffering from vision loss in the future. In order to prevent vision loss, ophthalmologists all around the world offer certain common tips that can benefit every common man.
Also Read: Eye Care Tips For Rainy Season
These are very simple tips that every individual should follow in order to keep their eyes healthy and free from all kinds of diseases. Let us discuss these simple tips.
Ophthalmologists recommend staying away or taking a break from devices like the computer, laptop, smartphone, etc. in order to keep the eyes healthy. These cause eye strain and dryness and can even lead to vision loss.
Smoking and drinking not only affect your general health adversely, but also damage your eyes. It can lead to macular degeneration and also end up damaging the optic nerve.
Watch what you eat. Avoid junk and processed food as these are harmful for the eyes. Instead, have fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals. These go a long way in protecting the eyes from vision loss.
Certain diseases like diabetes and hypertension can be hereditary. These, when they go out of control, can cause severe eye damage. If these diseases run in your family, make sure to get your eyes checked in advance.
Symptoms like a sudden loss of vision, double vision, a flash of light, objects floating in front of the eyes, etc. should not be ignored. These can signal the presence of medical conditions like thyroid, cancer, neurological diseases, etc.
Also Read: Tips For Healthy Eyes
Also, if you use a pair of spectacles and contact lenses, clean them regularly and take good care of them. If you do not take good care of these, it can lead to infections which can even end up impairing your eye sight.
Last, but not the least, go for regular eye check ups. This becomes all the more important once you turn forty. Diseases of the eyes like cataract and macular degeneration start developing at this stage.
- skin care5 DIY Anti-Wrinkle Eye Creams That Are Easy To Make And ACTUALLY Work
- skin care8 Common Eye Cream Mistakes That You Should Stop Making
- skin care6 Ways You Can Make Your Eyes Beautiful Without Using Any Products Or Home Remedies
- wellnessWorld Sight Day 2019: Devices To Help The Vision Impaired
- beautyHere's How You Should Take Care Of Your Eyes Every Day
- skin careAmazing Benefits Of Rosewater For Dry Eyes
- wellnessDiwali 2021: Ways To Prevent Eye Injuries During Diwali
- wellnessHoli 2022: How To Protect Your Eyes During The Festival Of Colours
- wellnessConjunctivitis - Symptoms & How To Treat Them Quickly
- disorders cureHow Does Eating A Fish Improve Your Eyesight?
- disorders cure7 Home Remedies To Improve Eyesight Naturally
- wellnessOne Homemade Recipe To Improve Your Eyesight In A Month