- 3 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 5 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Valimai: Major Changes In The Next Schedule Of The Thala Ajith Starrer!
- Sports Kohli right guy to take Indian cricket forward, Stokes is best cricketer now: Botham
- News China bans pork imports from India: Report
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
You might have heard several times that eating nuts is good. But probably there is no one who has told you about the right way to eat nuts.
Here in this article we will tell you about the correct way to eat almonds so that one is able to reap its good health benefits.
Compared to all the nuts that are available, almonds are one of the best nuts when it comes to health benefits.
Instead of having it raw, the best way to get the health benefits of almonds is to soak it overnight and then have it. This actually helps in protecting the body against several diseases.
Also Read: Spices To Keep The Body Warm
Almonds are rich in several nutrients like vitamins, fibres, manganese, omega-3 fatty acids and also proteins. Apart from its nutrient contents, almonds also help in keeping one full for a longer period of time. Know more on why almonds are soaked before eating here.
Also Read: Natural Cure For Eczema
Why Should We Soak & Peel Almonds Before Eating?
You might have several queries regarding whether eating soaked almonds is good. You might also wonder why you need to peel the soaked almonds before eating?
Yes, according to a study, in order to reap its maximum health benefits, it is best to consume soaked almonds after peeling.
The brown skin of the almonds contain an enzyme inhibitor that is actually meant to protect the almond seeds during their germination process. It becomes difficult for our body to break down this enzyme called tannin.
This affects the digestion and prevents the absorption of nutrients. Hence, eating soaked almonds not just makes it easy to chew, but helps better digestion.
What Is The Ideal Time To Eat Soaked Almonds?
Munching on soaked almonds any time is not bad. But having almonds at the correct time is needed in order to reap its maximum health benefits.
The ideal time to eat soaked almonds is early in the morning before breakfast. This helps in better absorption of the nutrients.
How Many Almonds Should We Eat Every Day?
Eating almonds every day is healthy, but how many almonds should one eat every day ideally? Eating 22-23 almonds every day is ideal according to a research.
Almonds contain healthy fats that help to increase the good cholesterol and reduce the bad cholesterol. It is also rich in protein, fibre and other essential nutrients. 22-23 almonds provide about 12 grams of good unsaturated fat and about 150 calories.
Health Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds:
1. Helps In Digestion:
When you soak the almonds, these release the enzyme known as lipase. This is one of the most important ingredients in soaked almonds that will help in better digestion.
2. Helps Control Bad Cholesterol:
Almonds are one of the best nuts that help in reducing the bad cholesterol level and increasing the good cholesterol. This in turn helps in keeping the heart healthy as well.
3. Helps Control High Blood Pressure:
Having soaked almonds helps in increasing the compound called alpha tocopherol in the blood which is highly essential in controlling the blood pressure level.
4. Helps In Weight Loss:
Almonds contain monosaturated fat that will help in keeping one full for a longer period of time and reduce one's appetite. It thus helps in weight loss.
5. Helps Prevent Ageing:
Rich in antioxidants, soaked almonds help in fighting the free radicals and thus prevent ageing.
6. Helps In Controlling Blood Sugar Level:
Several researches have pointed out that soaked almonds are helpful in controlling the blood sugar level.
7. Helps Fight Cancer:
Vitamin B17, one of the vital nutrients that helps in fighting cancer is present in soaked almonds. Eating soaked almonds everyday is important for those ailing with cancer.
8. Helps Reduce Birth Defects:
When you eat soaked almonds, these help in increasing the folic acid in the body. This component is essential to prevent any kind of birth defects.