- 7 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 7 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 8 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 23 hrs ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Movies Ranveer Singh To Get His Very Own Star On The Dubai Walk Of Fame? Read Details!
- News From Modi to Rahul, how leaders reacted to Sheila Dikshit’s demise
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Sales Model-Wise Break-Up For June 2019 — 650-Twins Record Biggest Decline In Sales
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Though eating is a basic necessity, overeating may kill you according to a new research. Eating can affect the lifespan according to a study. Maybe this is why low calorie diets seem to expand lifespan.
All foods, when consumed, cause oxidative damage which may further affect the DNA and cause harm to the cells in your body. In fact, scientists also believe that this kind of damage can speed up the ageing process.
Also Read: How Watching Porn Spoils Relationships
In order to obtain a clear picture, researchers studied certain animals which ate food in irregular intervals. They could see the difference in the levels of reactive oxygen molecules in circulation before and after a meal.
Researchers studied the blood samples of a snake that survives eating a mouse every fortnight. They collected samples of blood, one during digestion and another after absorption. The samples clearly showed an increase in oxidative damage by nearly 180% during the process of digestion.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Social Life
The actual level of oxidative damage, seemed almost similar to the damage caused by stress in an animal. Though the metabolism of animals and humans differs, health experts recommend healthy eating habits and curbing overeating habits.
The first health risk caused by overeating is obviously obesity. And we all know the whole range of health risks that obesity can cause.
Overeating may cause weight gain in an unhealthy way. This may further lead to type 2 diabetes.
Coronary Artery Disease
Obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol levels and even high BP- all of these problems would increase the risk of artery disease. It may lead to heart attack too.
Strokes could be life-threatening. They might occur due to blood clots or interruptions in the blood circulation.
Overeating could also impact mental health according to a study. Obesity can kill self esteem and this is why curbing your food intake is better.
Another side effect of overeating is acid reflux. This may happen especially when you lie down soon after consumption.
Other Health Risks Of Overeating
Other health effects include headaches, stomach pain, unhealthy blood-sugar swings, addiction and even kidney issues.