- 38 min ago Mars Transit in Libra On 22 October 2021 Effects on Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 12 hrs ago What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- 12 hrs ago Alia Bhatt And Malaika Arora Convince Us To Invest In Single-Tone Outfits With All-Blue And All-Green Look
- 12 hrs ago Diabetes And Itching: What Are The Causes Of Itching In Diabetics And How To Treat Them?
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
- Automobiles MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
Since ages, it has been a practice to use Copper utensils in our Indian culture. Almost all the families follow the morning ritual of drinking water kept overnight in a copper jug, at least all our elders prefer doing so.
If you have noticed, the water that the priest offers to you with the 'prasada' is kept in a Copper utensil.
This holy water is called 'Tamra Jal' and according to Ayurveda, it is known to balance all the three doshas in the body namely Kapha, Vata and Pitta.
According to studies, water consumed after being kept in a copper vessels overnight gets quickly absorbed in our body and reaches to our cells in about 45 minutes.
Do you know where the trend of throwing coins into the rivers come from?
Well, our ancestors threw copper coins into the rivers, lakes and wells to eradicate bacteria from flourishing in the sources of drinking water, as a method to purify the water.
So, throwing coins into rivers is not just a myth but a scientific method of cleaning the sources of drinking water practiced from ancient times.
Copper is known to eliminate the E. coli bacteria that causes food poisoning.
Therefore, we are sharing the detailed goodness of Copper in the article.
Make sure to introduce this healthy habit in your lifestyle too and you'll be thankful you did.
Copper Kills Harmful Bacteria
Copper eliminates E. coli bacteria that causes food poisoning. It also fuels the microbial purification of drinking water. Not only this, studies show that rooms with no or less copper-surfaced objects are more prone to infections than rooms with copper-surfaced objects.
Helps In Weight Loss
Regular consumption of water stored in copper utensils helps our digestive system to operate better. Copper aids in the weight loss process by helping the body to burn more fat.
It's A Boon For The Brain
Scientifically, copper helps in the synthesis of phospholipids. In easy words, copper helps in the formation of myelin sheaths that are a type of conducting agent, thus helping the brain to work much faster and power its efficiency.
It Can Slow Down Ageing
Copper is a natural remedy to slow down the ageing process. It is a great source of antioxidants that fight the free radicals in the body. It also helps in the formation of new and healthy cells that replace the dead ones.
It Has Anti-inflammatory Properties
Copper is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, which strengthen the bone and the immune system, thus relieving from pains and aches related to arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other kinds of inflamed joints.
Copper Helps You Detox
The antioxidants present in copper eliminate the free radicals, thus detoxifying your system. It also keeps a check on the functioning of your liver and kidneys. It makes sure that the body readily absorbs all the nutrients in the food and eases the elimination of waste products.
Copper Is A Boon For The Cardiovascular And Mental Health
Copper helps in controlling blood pressure and monitoring heart rate. It also helps in lowering the cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It prevents the accumulation of plaque and dilates the blood vessels to allow a better flow of blood to the heart.
It Can Also Help Fight Cancer
According to some studies, copper has some complexes that have a considerable anti-cancer effect; however, there are different views on this. Copper has reservoirs of antioxidants that help fighting the free radicals and diminish their ill effects, thus helping to curb the development of cancer in the body.
Copper Helps In Quick Healing Of The Wounds
Copper comes packed with antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It also boosts your immune system and helps in the formation of new cells. These properties make copper a great source of body healer both externally and internally.
Copper Regulates The Working Of The Thyroid Gland
Copper is a mineral that helps in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and helps eliminate thyroid diseases caused by the deficiency of copper. So, when you consume water kept in a copper vessel, it fulfills your copper intake and regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland.