- 30 min ago Did You Know That The Way You Sit Can Impact Your Health?
- 45 min ago Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020: How To Chart Your Menstrual Cycle
- 1 hr ago From Heropanti To Luka Chuppi To Panipat, Kriti Sanon’s Distinctive Movie Fashion Decoded
- 2 hrs ago What Is Earwax Buildup and Blockage? Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Prevention
- Movies AbRam Khan's Lockdown Birthday Celebrations : His 'Favourite Person' SRK Reads Scary Stories To Him
- Finance How To Book Slots On Kerala's Liquor Delivery App 'BevQ'?
- News Nearly 23 lakh people in quarantine across India: Govt estimates
- Sports Virat Kohli has the best footwork, he brilliantly uses the crease: Priyam Garg
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Series Bags TENNA Certification; Key Features Tipped
- Automobiles Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
We all want to be disease free and want to lead and live a happy life. Though, nowadays, there are various super specialty hospitals, diseases too are at par with the treatment.
Sciatica and Rheumatism are such problems that are troublesome for the patients and they end up in spending from both the hands on physiotherapy and other treatments with the doctors.
You have the solution with yourself also. Yes. The answer is Yoga. Eagles pose, also known as Garudasana, which means you look like an eagle while being the pose, helps ease the constant pain.
Eagle is known as Garud in Sanskrit.
If you'll go to any doctor, he/she may prescribe you a box of medicines and painkillers, which may give you a temporary relief, but will have terrific side effects later on.
Sciatica nerve is located in front of the Piriformis muscles, almost on your lower spine area. All nerves in the spine have two branches, on each side of the spine.
Basically, sciatica nerve is the largest single nerve in the human body. Hence, you can say Sciatica badly affects your back.
Rheumatism, on the other hand, affects your joints and muscles; and if not taken care of at an early stage, it can take form of osteoarthritis.
So, to find an effective relief from the pain and help deal with the pain better have a look at the step-by-step procedure for this asana and its benefits.
Step-By-Step Procedure To Perform The Asana
Step 1. Stand erect in the Tadasana pose and look straight.
Step 2. You can start with either of the legs. Bend your knees and just criss cross your left foot over the right one, slightly above the knees.
Step 3. Your right foot, which helps to balance, should be firm enough, so that you can rely your entire body weight on it. It's like a tree and creeper. Your left thigh should be over your right thigh and the left toe should be pointing down.
Step 4. Your arms should be in the forward direction, parallel to the ground.
Step 5. Like your legs being criss-crossed, you arms should also be in the same position, double interlocked and elbows should be bent. The back of your hands should be facing each other, and like this, your arms will be perpendicular to the ground.
Step 6. While standing in such a position and keeping your arms criss-crossed, make sure your palms are joint.
Step 7. Now, stretch your fingers upwards, while pressing your palms.
Step 8. Count till 10 and try to balance yourself on 1 leg.
Step 9. Now, while getting back to the position, start with your hands. Get them back to the sides and stand straight.
Step 10. Now, it's the turn of your left leg. Keep it back on the ground and again stand in the Tadasana pose. Keep a smile on your face. After a few minutes, repeat the same with the right leg.
Benefits Of The Asana
• Helps to stretch your thighs, upper back, shoulders and hips
• Makes your calf muscles strong
• Helps in improving balance
• Alleviate the sciatica nerve pain and provides relief from the problem
• Helps against rheumatism
• Increases flexibility
Just don't practice this asana if you have knee or elbow injury. Since you need to balance on one leg, your back should be strong to hold your weight. Any major back problem patients should just avoid this pose.