- 12 min ago 13 Home Remedies To Treat And Prevent Dry Hands
- 30 min ago International Yoga Day: Best Yoga Poses For Arthritis
- 31 min ago Amyra Dastur And Shamita Shetty Flaunt And Woo Us With Their Casual Style Game
- 3 hrs ago Hina Khan Or Kangana Ranaut Or Sophie Choudry: Whose Airport Outfit Would You Like To Try?
- News Depressed pilot of Flight MH370 may have 'crashed plane' in murder-suicide
- Movies Ramesh Aravind Wishes Kajal Aggarwal A Happy B'day; Says Directing Her In Paris Paris Was A Delight
- Finance How Can SBI Customers Send Money Online Without Beneficiary's Account Number?
- Automobiles Renault Triber MPV Unveiled In India For Global Markets — Premium MPV On A Budget?
- Technology Asus 6Z Review: Flagship-Grade Performance With Some Hiccups
- Sports 100-day countdown for Doha World Athletics Championships begins
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Brain is one of the important organs that regulates the function of other organs in the body. Without the proper functioning of the brain, other organs do not function appropriately. Thus, a well-balanced diet is necessary to maintain the overall health of the brain.
A well-balanced diet provides the brain to get all the necessary nutrients that ward off diseases like dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. It strengthens the brain and enhances cognitive functioning.
Our mood, ability to learn, concentrate and our memory are affected by the foods that we consume.
Therefore, it is necessary to choose the right kind of foods to enhance the brain function and health. There are certain superfoods that are known to promote brain health and prevent memory-related disorders like Parkinson's disease and dementia.
Include these superfoods in your daily diet to maintain the overall health of your body.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing some of the superfoods that contribute to the optimal brain functioning. Read on to know more about it.
Green Tea: The antioxidants in green tea help to eliminate free radicals. Polyphenols present in it reduce protein buildup in the brain and thus reduce the risk of dementia. Polyphenols boost memory and enhance the brain connectivity.
Spinach: Since spinach is high in potassium, it is considered as one of the best foods for the brain. Potassium helps to maintain the electronic conductivity of the brain. It prevents the brain cells from damage and reduces the risk of dementia.
Apple: Apple contains a flavonoid called quercetin, which works as a powerful antioxidant. It protects the brain against neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease. Apple also protects the nerve cells from damage and reduces the risk of lung and prostate cancer as well.
Avocado: The minerals present in avocado regenerate the oxygen content in the blood. On the other hand, the antioxidants present in avocado prevent oxidative stress and inflammation of the cells from the action of free radicals.
Turmeric: Curcumin, an ingredient present in turmeric, is an antioxidant in nature and has anti-inflammatory properties that assist patients with brain injuries and help to counteract cognitive impairment.