- 5 hrs ago Types Of Monsoon Diseases And Ways To Prevent Them
- 6 hrs ago How To Remove Nipple Hair Permanently At Home Using Natural Methods
- 7 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2020: Here’s The Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- 8 hrs ago Remembering Saroj Khan As The Legendary Choreographer Who Wore Vibrant Salwar Suits
- Movies Aamir Khan’s Daughter Ira Khan Begins Adulting; Moves Into New House
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Finance RIL Only Indian Entity In Top 100 Global Companies To Thrive Amid The Pandemic
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Most women have engaged in alcohol consumption at some point of time. It might happen to be to satisfy their curiosity, from peer pressure, on their twenty first birthday bash, or simply as part of a celebration. But there are certain facts about alcohol that women must know.
Alcohol might help us unwind and enjoy the moment. But you will find women who consume alcohol in excess and also frequently. The result is that it could take a toll on their lives and their health. Consuming significant quantities of alcohol puts women in danger of suffering from health problems including cancer, diabetes and liver problems.
Also Read: Common Health Problems In Women
Alcohol depletes the body of the essential nutrients. Most alcoholic women do not eat a healthful diet either. The booze consumed remains in the bloodstream. This ends up playing havoc with the whole body functions.
There are certain facts about alcohol that women should know. Women who drink alcohol on a daily basis are more prone to suffer from breast cancer than women who do not consume alcohol.
Women who drink alcohol while trying to conceive or during pregnancy can cause harm to their foetus. These babies who have alcohol-consuming mothers develop learning and behavioural problems and also are sometimes born abnormal.
Women cannot break down alcohol as efficiently as men. Alcohol consumption in women can also affect their menstrual cycles. It ends up causing stillbirth, premature delivery, miscarriage and infertility. Some infants are born addicted to alcohol because they have had so much of it in the uterus.
Alcohol consumption can also cause damaging effects to the brain of women more than men. It also causes alcohol related liver diseases and liver cirrhosis more in women than in men. It has also been found that alcohol addiction runs in the family.
According to research, women have been found to be more dependent on alcohol than men. It has been found that among men and women who consume alcohol on a daily basis, women are more prone to become alcoholics.