- 7 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 12 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 16 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 18 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Super Sunday With Sudeepa – Raju Talikote Gets Eliminated
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Hetmyer and Hope fire West Indies to victory
- News Tension prevails in AMU against CAA after Jamia Millia Islamia, cops use batons, teargas
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Citrus fruits are one of the healthiest fruits to include in our diet. They include oranges, lemons, grapefruits, sweet lime, etc.
They are rich in vitamin C, calcium, copper, phosphorous, thiamin, potassium, niacin and magnesium.
The energy provided by citrus fruits can be absorbed by the body easily, and thus they help in refreshing the body instantly when exhausted. They help in the cell rejuvenation process and that is why most of the energy drinks contain citrus flavours in them.
Since citrus fruits are low in calories, they are ideal for weight loss and diabetic patients. Citrus fruits help to flush out the toxins from the body.
They increase the enzymes in the body, which stimulates liver and keeps the body clean. They thereby help in the liver cleansing process too.
The health benefits of these citrus fruits are plenty. They prevent cardiovascular diseases, aid in digestion, keep a check on body weight, improve blood flow and the list just goes on.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the health benefits of including citrus fruits in your diet. Read on to know more about it.
Citrus fruits are packed with flavonoids and limonoids, which diminish the growth of cancer cells and tumours in the body. According to studies, high intake of citrus fruits can also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Prevents Heart Disease
The antioxidants in citrus fruits counteract free radicals and provide protection against heart diseases. It lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases, heart burn, hypertension and stroke.
Improves Blood Flow
Citrus fruits intake improves the blood flow into arteries, thereby preventing blood clots in the body. It oxidizes bad cholesterol and prevents artery plagues. They also destroy calcium deposits in the arteries and pancreas.
Sore Throat Relief
Citrus fruits help in removing the mucous from the back of the throat. Consuming citrus fruits provides instant relief from sore throat. It heals the sore throat effectively.
Aids In Digestion
A glass of orange juice aids in digestion. It also keeps nausea and morning sickness at bay, specially in pregnant women. It is advisable to consume either the orange fruit as a whole or consume orange juice to speed up the digestion process.
Citrus fruits also aid in weight loss if consumed in the morning. It balances the blood sugar levels. Thus, it is an ideal fruit to be had by the diabetic patients as well. It lowers cholesterol and detoxifies the liver.