Every woman needs to pay adequate attention to the delicate environment of the "down-there".
Improper cleaning of the lady parts can lead to a myriad of infections and issues. In certain mild cases, infections, vaginal dryness, rash, etc, whereas in severe cases it could lead to fungal infections, urinary tract infections, etc.
Mild or severe, the tell-tale signs of any of these conditions are unpleasant and infuriating. Any day it is better to prevent them from occurring, instead of treating them.
If you've been suffering from any of these symptoms, then you must see a specialist without delay.
When it comes to prevention, most specialists would recommend a vaginal wash for proper cleaning and maintaining of the overall health of the vagina. And these washes are available in abundance in the market.
While the usage of vaginal wash has been subjected to a great deal of debate, it is imperative to consider a few things before picking up one.
In case you're wondering on what basis you should pick a vaginal wash, don't worry, we've got you covered.
We've curated a list of the 5 best tips before you pick a vaginal wash. Adhere to these points, before picking it up, for effective results. Have a look at these.
1. Stay Away From The Strong-scented Ones: Contrary to the common belief, the strong-scented vaginal washes are not good for your precious down-there parts. The ones with a strong scent are loaded with harsh chemicals, which can lead to allergy and irritation down there. It is better to opt for the ones with a mild fragrance.
2. Ensure It Contains Lactic Acid: For centuries, women have used sour milk to wash their lady parts, as it is packed with excellent cleaning properties. These properties are great for maintaining the pH of the vagina.
3. Go For The One With Glycerin: Glycerin contains a substance known as humectant, which is crucial for maintaining the moisture and hydrating the vaginal area. This will in turn prevent vaginal dryness and help get rid of the dry skin in that area.
4. Check For Sodium Lauryl Sulphate: Usually found in soaps and shampoos, this exceptional ingredient effectively cleans the bacteria and rids the area of the dirt that can cause infection. Yet, the amount of Lauryl Sulphate present in the wash is of great importance. Excess of this ingredient can cause irritation and skin rash.
5. It Should Contain Capric Glyceride: The chief job of this ingredient is to moisturise and replenish the skin. An ideal vaginal wash should consist of both, this ingredient and glycerin as well.