- 41 min ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Finest Traditional Moments Decoded Since The Beginning Of Her Career
- 7 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- 9 hrs ago Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- 11 hrs ago Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News Maharashtra extends lockdown till June 30: What's allowed and what's not
- Sports MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi reveals veteran India cricketer's plans after coronavirus lockdown is lifted
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The material in which we cook our food can render your healthy food unhealthy. Besides making your food devoid of nutrients, some of the cookware release toxic substances into your food.
There are many health risks of cookware so today we will help you choose safe and healthy cooking pots.
Select a cookware properly, especially when you are going to cook for a long time on heat. This may lead to toxicity such as non stick cook ware in high heat release toxic chemicals in food.
Some cookware such as iron can release iron in foods. This is good for those with iron deficiencies. However, excess iron can increase free radicals in the body thus increasing the risk of cancer and heart disease.
How to choose safe and healthy cooking pots? Today, Boldsky will share with you some cookwares and their health risks.
Harmful effects of non-stick cookware can be avoided by cooking food on low heat for shorter time. The chemicals used in the manufacturing of non-stick cook ware are carcinogenic (cancer causing). Excessive heating of non-stick pans on high temperature causes release of toxic chemicals.
Cast Iron Cookware
Is cooking in cast iron healthy? This cookware can withstand very high temperatures and is good for cooking food that require high heat for longer periods. They can release iron in foods. Use an enamel coated iron vessel to prevent health hazards of cooking with cast iron.
Stainless Steel Cookware
It is best material to be used on stove top. It can resist high temperature and is used for prolonged cooking. Use the oils that can resist heat and do not get oxidised in stainless steel containers such as coconut oil. Don't use excess excess oil or fat in stainless and don't deep fry in it as it may spoil quality of oils.
Copper cookwares are very expensive and needs more maintenance. They must be coated with tin or stainless steel as copper may react with foods.
Aluminum can also react with food substances so it not a recommended cookware. It is layered in between stainless steel pots and pan base for even and uniform temperature distribution as it is a good conductor of heat. There are less health hazards of aluminum cookware except reaction of aluminum with foods.
They contain a toxic substance called as bisphenol A (BPA). This substances leaks from plastic into foods. This can increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease and causes weight gain. Avoid heating and storing foods in plastic container to protect yourself from harmful effects of plastic.
Glass And Ceramic Cookware
They are used for baking. Cookware made of 100 percent glass and ceramic are used to warm food in microwave ovens. However, do not microwave ceramic coated cast iron cookware. They are best for storing foods in fridge and freezer.