- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says He Would Become Extremely Lonely If He Ever Took Up Direction
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The material in which we cook our food can render your healthy food unhealthy. Besides making your food devoid of nutrients, some of the cookware release toxic substances into your food.
There are many health risks of cookware so today we will help you choose safe and healthy cooking pots.
Select a cookware properly, especially when you are going to cook for a long time on heat. This may lead to toxicity such as non stick cook ware in high heat release toxic chemicals in food.
Some cookware such as iron can release iron in foods. This is good for those with iron deficiencies. However, excess iron can increase free radicals in the body thus increasing the risk of cancer and heart disease.
How to choose safe and healthy cooking pots? Today, Boldsky will share with you some cookwares and their health risks.
Harmful effects of non-stick cookware can be avoided by cooking food on low heat for shorter time. The chemicals used in the manufacturing of non-stick cook ware are carcinogenic (cancer causing). Excessive heating of non-stick pans on high temperature causes release of toxic chemicals.
Cast Iron Cookware
Is cooking in cast iron healthy? This cookware can withstand very high temperatures and is good for cooking food that require high heat for longer periods. They can release iron in foods. Use an enamel coated iron vessel to prevent health hazards of cooking with cast iron.
Stainless Steel Cookware
It is best material to be used on stove top. It can resist high temperature and is used for prolonged cooking. Use the oils that can resist heat and do not get oxidised in stainless steel containers such as coconut oil. Don't use excess excess oil or fat in stainless and don't deep fry in it as it may spoil quality of oils.
Copper cookwares are very expensive and needs more maintenance. They must be coated with tin or stainless steel as copper may react with foods.
Aluminum can also react with food substances so it not a recommended cookware. It is layered in between stainless steel pots and pan base for even and uniform temperature distribution as it is a good conductor of heat. There are less health hazards of aluminum cookware except reaction of aluminum with foods.
They contain a toxic substance called as bisphenol A (BPA). This substances leaks from plastic into foods. This can increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease and causes weight gain. Avoid heating and storing foods in plastic container to protect yourself from harmful effects of plastic.
Glass And Ceramic Cookware
They are used for baking. Cookware made of 100 percent glass and ceramic are used to warm food in microwave ovens. However, do not microwave ceramic coated cast iron cookware. They are best for storing foods in fridge and freezer.