- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 12 April 2021
- 18 hrs ago Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- 18 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor’s Pigtails Hairdo Will Remind You Of Your School Time But It’s Really Trending!
- 19 hrs ago Your Major Sunday-Perfect Colour-Blocks Inspiration Ft. Aditi Rao Hydari And Jacqueline Fernandez
- Movies Karnan Day 3 Box Office Collection: Dhanush-Mari Selvaraj’s Film Makes A Solid Impact!
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Automobiles MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The more you sleep, the faster your body will disintegrate, say researchers. Though it is good to oversleep now and again, overdoing it has drastic side effects on the body. Studies show that oversleeping makes the body lethargic and unfit to perform daily activities. It also causes heavy bags under the eyes.
Oversleeping is bad for the heart as you are staying in just one place for a number of hours. If you want to stay fit and healthy, oversleeping is not the thing you should follow. The causes of oversleeping are diabetes, obesity, depression and heart diseases.
When you oversleep, you are allowing your body to take charge of only one position. This in time will allow the body to get used to this habit. Hence, it will become difficult to have a healthy life.
Here are some of the oversleeping side effects. Take a look at these effects and start living an active lifestyle.
Chance Of Developing Diabetes
People who sleep more than nine hours per night are 60 percent more likely to develop diabetes, say studies.
You Lose Your Active Life
By sleeping more, you are being less active. This, in turn, gives the body less time to burn off its energy. Hence, it gets stored in the system as fat deposits. This is one of the main oversleeping side effects.
Adding To Weight Gain
According to a study, people who oversleep develop a 21 percent higher risk of obesity than those who avoid oversleeping.
One of the most common and unpleasant oversleeping side effects is frequent headaches. This happens due to the effect oversleeping has on the neurotransmitters of the brain.
Gives You A Back Ache!
The main cause of oversleeping could be due to severe back ache. But, when you don't go for physiotherapy, but just lie down simply doing nothing, it can worsen your health.
Adds To Depression
People may feel like sleeping more due to the depression. But sleeping more than the required number of hours can turn into an exacerbate depression. This is another reason why oversleeping is unhealthy for the body.
Bad For The Heart
The main oversleeping side effect is that it is not good for the heart. According to studies, those who love to stay in the sack for more number of hours has a higher risk of developing a coronary heart disease.
When you are diagnosed with a disorder called sleep drunkenness, you will feel like you're caught in between being awake and being asleep. This is why oversleeping is not good for your body.