- 7 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 10 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 12 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The more you sleep, the faster your body will disintegrate, say researchers. Though it is good to oversleep now and again, overdoing it has drastic side effects on the body. Studies show that oversleeping makes the body lethargic and unfit to perform daily activities. It also causes heavy bags under the eyes.
Oversleeping is bad for the heart as you are staying in just one place for a number of hours. If you want to stay fit and healthy, oversleeping is not the thing you should follow. The causes of oversleeping are diabetes, obesity, depression and heart diseases.
When you oversleep, you are allowing your body to take charge of only one position. This in time will allow the body to get used to this habit. Hence, it will become difficult to have a healthy life.
Here are some of the oversleeping side effects. Take a look at these effects and start living an active lifestyle.
Chance Of Developing Diabetes
People who sleep more than nine hours per night are 60 percent more likely to develop diabetes, say studies.
You Lose Your Active Life
By sleeping more, you are being less active. This, in turn, gives the body less time to burn off its energy. Hence, it gets stored in the system as fat deposits. This is one of the main oversleeping side effects.
Adding To Weight Gain
According to a study, people who oversleep develop a 21 percent higher risk of obesity than those who avoid oversleeping.
One of the most common and unpleasant oversleeping side effects is frequent headaches. This happens due to the effect oversleeping has on the neurotransmitters of the brain.
Gives You A Back Ache!
The main cause of oversleeping could be due to severe back ache. But, when you don't go for physiotherapy, but just lie down simply doing nothing, it can worsen your health.
Adds To Depression
People may feel like sleeping more due to the depression. But sleeping more than the required number of hours can turn into an exacerbate depression. This is another reason why oversleeping is unhealthy for the body.
Bad For The Heart
The main oversleeping side effect is that it is not good for the heart. According to studies, those who love to stay in the sack for more number of hours has a higher risk of developing a coronary heart disease.
When you are diagnosed with a disorder called sleep drunkenness, you will feel like you're caught in between being awake and being asleep. This is why oversleeping is not good for your body.