- 13 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor Slays It In An All-Yellow Outfit Look; This Could Be Your New Party Look!
- 14 hrs ago What Is A DNA Vaccine? How Is It Different From Other Vaccine Types?
- 16 hrs ago From Genelia Deshmukh To Karisma Kapoor, The Patterned Outfits Of The Divas
- 17 hrs ago DISCOVERY+ ANNOUNCES COVERAGE OF BLUE ORIGIN'S SPACE LAUNCH
- Movies Hungama 2 Movie Review: Priyadarshan's Ensemble Comedy Will Make You Say 'Maa Hungama Tu Hi Bachaale'
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka ODI Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records and Statistics
- Technology Best Discount Offers On 5G Smartphones During Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021
- Education NIOS Result 2021 10th 12th Declared, Check Link And Download Marksheet
- News Kisan Sansad passes resolution against APMC bypass act
- Finance RIL Q1 Profit At Rs. 12,200 Crore In Line With Street Estimates
- Automobiles Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
There are many Indian vegetables which are found in almost every household. From spinach to potatoes, a lot of vegetables are used in the Indian kitchen on a regular basis. in India, Sarso ka Saag is a delicacy. The healthy vegetables from the gourd family too are prepared by Indians in many different ways. Be it bitter gourd, ridge gourd or snake gourd, they all very good for treating urinary disorders and diabetes. Drum sticks is a vegetable that is very popular in South India. This vital ingredient used in sambhar is very good for people with respiratory disorders. Plantains are also another healthy vegetable, eaten specifically in India. Apart from the fruit of a banana plant, there is also the stem and flower that are cooked as vegetables in India.
Green vegetables like pointed gourd or parwal is another commonly prepared in the Indian cuisine. We eat parwal as it is easy to cook, delicious and cheap as well.
Very less people know the health benefits of having parwal. Also known as pointed gourd, parwal is one of the green vegetables that is found in the Indian cuisine. Both dry and gravy side dishes are prepared using pointed gourd. In some parts of the east India, parwal is also used to make sweets.
This vegetable from the gourd family is rarely cultivated outside India. Parwal or pointed gourd has many health benefits which makes it nutritious. It is rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, and C, calcium to name a few. It has minimal calories in it and helps lower cholesterol. Parwal is one of the best Ayurvedic cure for gastric problems. According to Ayurveda, parwal is a natural aphrodisiac which can boost your sex life as well. Here are some of the health benefits of having the inexpensive parwal.
Health Benefits Of Parwal/Pointed Gourd:
Parwal seeds are one of the healthy seeds which can sooth constipation and ease stool.
Parwal is easy to digest, and the fiber rich green vegetable is good for treating gastrointestinal and liver disorders.
Lowers Cholesterol & Blood Sugar
The small round seeds of parwal benefits the health as it lowers cholesterol and blood sugar levels naturally.
This is another health benefit of having parwal. It is low in calories and keeps you fuller for a long time, thus aiding weight loss.
In Ayurveda, pointed gourd or parwal is used as a medicine to cure cold, fever and throat problems.
According to Ayurveda experts, this is another health benefit of parwal. Pointed gourd is excellent for balancing Kapha. It helps purify blood tissue and this in turn makes it a good green vegetable for skin care as well.
Parwal is rich in vitamins like Vitamin A and C, and antioxidants which makes it good for the skin.