- 16 min ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- News Explained: What is the Behmai massacre
- Finance Gold Steady Even As Stock Markets Around World Hit Record Highs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite India Launch Confirmed For January 21
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
diet goes for a toss as you do not think while munching and after you over-stuff yourself, you feel you went out of your diet. Well, even after all this you don't have to worry. Stop thinking that one day stuffing extra food will affect your diet. Here is what you should do after having a heavy meal.
Rest: After a heavy meal, you should take a little more rest than usual. This helps your digestive system function appropriately. You must have noticed a tired feeling after eating a heavy meal. Well, the brain diverts energy towards digestion. Red blood cells are sent from the brain for breaking down the food particles and absorbing the nutrients from it. This is why, it is advised to sit or lie down for few minutes after having a heavy meal. Do not doze off. Rest for maximum 15-20 minutes to avoid fat deposits in your body.
Walk: When you eat more than required, you find it difficult to stand also. Kill the growing laziness by going for a walk once you have rested for few minutes. So, after a heavy meal, go for a walk. Do not run or involve in physical activity that requires excess strength and energy. This is because most of your energy is being used for breaking down food, so you will not have enough strength to run. Walking helps improve digestion and makes you feel light.
Have green tea: After a heavy meal, you have to eat or drink something that eases the digestion process. To digest the food easily, have a cup of green tea after your meal to reduce the full stomach feeling. Green tea is a herbal drink that improves digestion. Other herbal tea such as chamomile, ginger, peppermint or mint are also effective to promote digestion. These herbal tea also cleanses out toxins from the body. If you are on a diet and had a heavy meal, drink herbal tea for few days.
Drink hot water: Hot water is considered as an effective drink for weight loss. If you are on a diet but had a heavy meal, drink lukewarm water. Do not drink immediately. Take a break for about 25-30 minutes and then have it. You can also add lemon juice to enhance the digestion. Acid in lemon juice burn fat deposits, prevents gastric problems and also increases the speed of digestion. Drink hot water with or without lemon juice for few days after having a heavy meal.
If you had a heavy meal, try these ways to balance your diet. Do not strive the next day.