- 3 hrs ago Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- 3 hrs ago Side Effects Of Waxing You Should Know About
- 4 hrs ago Having A Nosebleed? Here's A Guide On How To Stop And Prevent It
- 5 hrs ago B-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calender Launch Event
- Movies Kiara Advani: Lust Stories Was A Game Changer For Me
- News Ahead of Donald Trump's visit, Gujarat govt reschedules Budget session
- Finance India Inc. Employee To Not See Double-Digit Salary Hike This Year
- Sports Paul Pogba's brother claims Manchester United star wants out
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Although mucus protects the lungs from various air borne infection, it is sometimes secreted too much due to common cold, bronchitis, asthma and other respiratory tract infection. You will also be shocked to know that cigarette smoking may also increase mucus formation. But here are few tips to get rid of the cough phlegm.
Getting Rid Of Phlegm (Mucus) – Home Remedies
1. Drinking good amount of water can dilute mucus making it more watery. One advantage of the mucus becoming watery is that it can be easily be put out. Expelling cough phlegm also helps in getting rid of the infection causing bacteria and dust.
2. Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil or camphor oil in boiling water and inhaling the steam will liquify the dry cough phlegm and can be spit out easily.
3. Making a concoction of peppercorn, turmeric, cumin seeds, ginger and honey can bring a lot of relief from nasal, throat and respiratory tract infections. The spices clear the nasal passage and turmeric, ginger act like an anti bacterial.
4. Apart from the concoction, the spicy shorba, soups and chicken stock can also help you get over with the excess mucus secretion.
5. Gargling tea liquor and drinking herbal teas will also reduce the infection.
6. Taking a tsp of fresh ginger juice or raw onion juice can gradually help in getting rid of cough phlegm.
7. With these phlegm remedies, exercises like pranayama and other deep breathing techniques also help in maintaining good health.