- 14 min ago Funny Reasons That Only Mothers Can Give To Discipline Their Children
- 23 min ago IIFA Rocks 2019: Richa Chadha Pulls Off Her Bold Gold Number Like A Piece Of Cake
- 36 min ago IIFA Rocks 2019: More Than His Outfit, Ali Fazal's Green Loafers Caught Our Attention
- 1 hr ago 19 Amazing Health Benefits Of Hops
- News EPFO interest rates hiked, good news for 6 crore members
- Movies Sooraj Pancholi On Jiah Khan's Suicide: All That I Kept Thinking Was That I Lost Someone Who I Loved
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Technology Linksys Velop Tri-Band Mesh WIFI System Review: Outstanding Performance Backed By Strong Signals
- Sports Biriyani banned for Pak cricketers, but Kohli, Dhoni, Hardik follow stricter diet and fitness plan
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Automobiles Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Although mucus protects the lungs from various air borne infection, it is sometimes secreted too much due to common cold, bronchitis, asthma and other respiratory tract infection. You will also be shocked to know that cigarette smoking may also increase mucus formation. But here are few tips to get rid of the cough phlegm.
Getting Rid Of Phlegm (Mucus) – Home Remedies
1. Drinking good amount of water can dilute mucus making it more watery. One advantage of the mucus becoming watery is that it can be easily be put out. Expelling cough phlegm also helps in getting rid of the infection causing bacteria and dust.
2. Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil or camphor oil in boiling water and inhaling the steam will liquify the dry cough phlegm and can be spit out easily.
3. Making a concoction of peppercorn, turmeric, cumin seeds, ginger and honey can bring a lot of relief from nasal, throat and respiratory tract infections. The spices clear the nasal passage and turmeric, ginger act like an anti bacterial.
4. Apart from the concoction, the spicy shorba, soups and chicken stock can also help you get over with the excess mucus secretion.
5. Gargling tea liquor and drinking herbal teas will also reduce the infection.
6. Taking a tsp of fresh ginger juice or raw onion juice can gradually help in getting rid of cough phlegm.
7. With these phlegm remedies, exercises like pranayama and other deep breathing techniques also help in maintaining good health.