- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 12 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 14 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- Finance Markets May Trend Higher In The Coming Week
- News India-Iran should expedite Chabahar project: Afghanistan
- Technology Blaupunkt Launches BTW Pro Truly Wireless Earbuds For Rs. 6,999 In India
- Sports Fowler shares lead as Finau fires 62 in California
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Here are some facts from a study by Punjab Agriculture University (PAU) that found that leaves were adulterated with addition of used leaves while spices like chillies and turmeric powder were adulterated to impart brightness in color and good appearance. Take a look at the food stuffs that can be termed as adulterated.
1. Leaves (other than dried, ground and mixed with), not every good as they may be sprayed with chemical fertilizers.
2. Metanil yellow, a carcinogenic agent is used for coloring turmeric powder
Effects Of Eating Adulterated Food -
1. A balanced diet containing all the nutrients is essential for proper functioning of body but adulteration could affect nutrients.
2. Adulterated food could cause physical ailments as well, the study said.
1. The study found that butter is adulterated with oleomargarine, a product of beef fat and lard is also added to butter.
2. Root of chicory is common adulterant in coffee and supplemented by peas, beans and roasted ground wheat.
3. Mixing of infested and damaged grains to good quality grain are quite common in our country. Mustard seeds are often mixed with argemone seeds and extracted together while palm oil is mixed with soybean oil.
4. Soybean, groundnut milk, wheat flour are mixed with milk and addition of wheat flour semolina to milk powder is common. Urea, detergents and refined oil are mixed with milk.