- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
We are not trying to bring about a break up but this caution has been raised by Professor Robert Boy. According to him, smokers carry a deadly substance called Meningococcus. They carry this germ around their neck after smoking. Any kind of close contact can spread the germ to the next person.
Booy claims that children are more sensitive to this bug, which is passed on by "normal family cuddles and kisses". The stats show one in ten non smokers develop rare Meningococcal disease, which are dangerous enough to kill them.
"Passive smoking isn't the only smoking risk. Smokers carry more germs like Meningococcus, so normal family cuddles and kisses can pass on dangerous germs, even if smokers only smoke outside," he added.
The symptoms of Meningococcal disease may include a sudden onset of fever, severe headache, weakness, drowsiness, confusion or coma, sore legs or sore joints, nausea and vomiting, a dislike of bright lights, a stiff neck and a rash of red-purple spots.
So, next time your father or partner comes back home after smoking, stay away.