- Sports PBL 2020: Sindhu masterclass gives Hyderabad Hunters first win
- News 'AAP government tops chart of liars': Amit Shah slams Arvind Kejriwal
- Movies Hina Khan, Mouni Roy, Anita Hassanandani & Others Congratulate Ekta Kapoor For Padma Shri Award
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
He claims that even a work out of 10 minutes increases the metabolism rate. Exercise takes you from the state of fuel storage to a fuel burning state.
Lewis did a study on 70 people, who were made to run on a tread mill till the time they couldn't take it anymore. It lasted for 10 mint. Another group did the same on the exercise bike.
After the exercise regime, blood samples of the participants were studies. The blood samples consisted of 200 molecules which were related to metabolism rate. The metabolites included amino acid, sugar and vitamins. It also included glucose.
Out of all this the most significant shift was seen in Glycerol, which is the maker of fat molecules. The level of it's spark depended on the fitness quotient of the person. People who were athletes recorded a level of 1,100 percent.
What still remains unveiled is, whether people born with metabolism responds better to exercise. Research is on to find an answer to this. If fitness regime results to be the sole reason of burning fat, then people can be suggested exercise according to their needs and also the duration can be fixed.
“Perhaps most evocative of all, if we knew the pathways involved, we could potentially develop new drugs that target those pathways and mimic the effects of exercise," says George Lewis.