- 1 hr ago Madhuri Dixit-Nene Skincare Routine: Besan Face Pack For A Quick Refresher; DIY In 5 Steps!
- 1 hr ago Eid 2022: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Your Ethnic Outfit Guide From B-Town Beauties
- 2 hrs ago New WHO Initiative Aims To Stop The Spread Of Malaria Vectors: What You Should Know
- 3 hrs ago Eating Refined Grains Such As White Rice May Increase Premature Heart Disease Risk
- Finance ICICI Securities Bets On This Maharatna Stock For Return Up To 38%, Target Time 1 Year
- News Deaths of Indian prisoners in Pakistani jails 'alarming': MEA
- Education Mrs. Rupal Dalal, MD, JD Institute of Fashion and Technology conferred with the Global Gandhi Award
- Movies Mumfluencers Awards 2022: Josh Hosts A Happening Event In Collaboration With Grehalakshmi Magazine
- Technology Crypto Thieves Exploit Blockchain Bridges to Snatch $100Mn From Binance-linked network
- Sports FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup: India eye a quarterfinal berth, says coach Dennerby
- Automobiles Hero Vida V1 Plus & V1 Pro Electric Scooters Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 1.45 Lakh
- Travel Great Pyramid of Giza: The Only Standing Structure from The Seven Wonders of The Ancient World
The health benefits of papaya are both internal and external; from improving your digestion and strengthening the immune system to nourishing the skin and stimulating hair growth. Read this article to find out what happens if you eat a slice of ripe papaya every day.
Papaya is considered one of the healthiest foods to add to your diet due to its high nutritional content. The fruit is rich in minerals and vitamins like phosphorous, copper, potassium, iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium.
Papayas are also high in fibre, vitamin A, bioflavonoids and antioxidants. The sugar present in ripe papayas is easily absorbed, supplying your body with energy.
Moreover, papaya is very low in calories and contains large amounts of enzymes that are involved with important health functions.
Health Benefits Of Papaya
1. Papaya Improves Your Digestive Health
The high fibre content in papayas makes it one of the best fruits to improve your digestion after a meal. Also, the presence of fibre will prevent constipation. Consuming a serving of papaya can meet your daily requirement of dietary fibre intake that is needed to keep your body functioning properly. Having a slice of papaya will also detox the digestive system and maintain regular bowel movements. 
2. Reduces Inflammation
Papaya contains enzymes called papain and chymopapain which have anti-inflammatory effects and decrease your risk of suffering from chronic diseases. These enzymes can also treat other problems associated with inflammation like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, oedema, among others. 
3. Provides Important Nutrients
Papaya is an excellent source of vitamins with antioxidant properties such as vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C. This orange-coloured fruit also gives B complex vitamins and minerals such as potassium, copper and magnesium. These vitamins and minerals work together to support the regeneration of cells and help prevent the harm caused by free radicals. 
4. Papaya Supports Your Digestion Of Proteins
Did you know one of the benefits of eating papaya every day is that it improves your body's digestion of proteins? Thanks to the papain enzyme which promotes the breakdown of proteins without altering the bacterial flora that helps in protecting your intestines.
5. Provides Good Amounts Of Vitamin A
Papaya is known to improve visual health because of the presence of vitamin A. It is an antioxidant that protects your eyesight and helps to prevent certain eye conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. You can double up the papaya intake to three servings a day to enhance your visual health. 
6. Strengthens Your Immune System
The pulp of the papaya fruit contains large amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C. This helps in strengthening your immune system and prevents the development of infections. Consuming papaya regularly will help to create a protective barrier against bacteria and viruses that cause colds, flu and other respiratory infections. 
7. Prevents Heart Disease
One of the health benefits of papaya is that it has the ability to prevent cardiovascular disease. It is due to the fibre, potassium, and vitamin content that wards off heart diseases. An increased intake of potassium is known to reduce the ill effects of heart disease. That's why it's important that you have a slice of papaya. 
8. Prevents Blood Clots From Forming
Blood clots in the body can slow down blood circulation and clog arteries. In severe cases, it can even lead to a heart attack or a stroke. Papaya contains a substance known as fibrin that decreases blood clots and improves blood flow.
9. Good For The Skin
The presence of vitamin E in papaya stops cellular damage and prevents the formation of premature wrinkles. Vitamin A provides a smooth and blemish-free complexion. Vitamin C and vitamin E increase the production of collagen and keep your skin looking firm. Also, papaya contains essential oils that retain the skin's moisture and lower the symptoms of skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis. Try adding papaya to your fruit salad or add it in your smoothies. 
10. Has Chemopreventive Effects
Papaya is rich in many anti-cancerous compounds such as folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene and vitamin E which may help lower the risk of cancer. These vital compounds protect the DNA against damage caused by free radicals. It is thus very healthy to eat at least a few pieces of papaya every day to get its benefits and reduce the chances of cancer. 
How To Eat Papaya
When choosing papayas, look for fresh papayas with reddish-orange skin that are soft to touch. Consider the following simple methods of preparation:
- Make a tropical fruit salad with fresh papaya, mango and pineapple.
- Squish the papaya into a glass of lemonade, iced tea, or water for a burst of fruity flavour.
- Make salsa with papaya, mango, and red peppers.
- Add a few slices of frozen papaya to smoothies. Combine with slices of pineapple, half a banana, and Greek yoghurt for a sweet tropical treat.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- body care7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- nutritionPapaya 101: Everything You Need To Know About The Fruit
- disorders curePeople With These Medical Conditions Should Avoid Eating Papaya
- babySome Amazing Benefits Of Papaya For Babies
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Dried Papaya And How It Is Prepared
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Raw Papaya And Why It Is Better Than Ripe Ones
- diabetesAre Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- wellness22 Incredible Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves
- skin care5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- skin careDIY Papaya Scrub For A Clear Skin
- skin care4 Effective Natural Remedies Using Papaya To Treat Acne
- skin careGet Glowing Skin With These Papaya Face Packs