- 2 hrs ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 3 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 4 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 6 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- News PM Modi set for second in-person Quad Summit, to have bilaterals with Kishida, Biden, Albanese
- Sports Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan leaves Irfan Pathan stumped, takes his banter to the next level
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Claps Back At Sangita Ghosh For Misconstruing Her Comments Over Swaran Ghar’s Dupatta Scene
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Brown sugar is regarded as one of the best sugars due to it's health benefits and different properties than regular crystallized white sugar. Brown sugar has a different chemical structure and the human body reacts a little differently to this in a good way.
Now what is exactly brown sugar? It is simply white sugar mixed with molasses and it contains more essential nutrients than normal white sugar. Molasses is a good source of dietary potassium and provides small amounts of calcium, magnesium and B vitamins.
Though both white sugar and brown sugar are similar in nutrition and calorie wise, the only difference lies in the colour, flavour and the process of how it is manufactured.
Brown sugar can be added in recipes that will give the recipe a denser and moist look. Let's have a look at some of the health benefits of eating brown sugar.
1. Prevents Obesity
Have you ever thought that brown sugar could prevent obesity? It is true that brown sugar is considered to be extremely beneficial for your health, as it helps in preventing obesity because it contains fewer calories as compared to white sugar.
2. Eases Menstrual Cramps
The mineral potassium found in molasses, which is mixed with sugar to make brown sugar helps in relaxing the uterine muscles and eases contractions that occur during menstruation. Potassium prevents painful cramps from occurring.
3. Free Of Chemicals
Brown sugar is totally free of chemicals, unlike white sugar. It is because brown sugar contains molasses which is composed of essential minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous. This provides your body with important minerals.
4. Boosts Energy Naturally
Brown sugar will provide you with a natural energy boost for a short period of time. It will give you temporary strength and help you to wake up when you feel weak. So, if you are feeling lethargic and low in energy, add brown sugar in your tea or coffee.
5. Improves Digestion
Are you suffering from digestive problems? Brown sugar is the medicine. It is extremely beneficial for your digestive system, as it helps in improving the digestive system of the stomach. Drinking boiled water mixed with brown sugar and ginger will improve digestion.
6. It Is Antiseptic
Brown sugar has antiseptic properties that help in healing minor cuts and bruises. Brown sugar consists of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that may prevent infection from occurring in the cut. So, the next time you get a cut, add a pinch of sugar to it.
7. Beneficial For Pregnant Women
Brown sugar is regarded to be very good for women to recover fast after delivery. It takes a lot of time for some women to recover after a delivery, so consumption of brown sugar helps in faster recovery.
8. Provides Relief From Cold
Brown sugar has been used as an effective remedy for treating cold. If you are suffering from cold, just boil some water by adding a few slices of ginger and some brown sugar and consume it for an instant relief from cold.
9. Prevents Asthma
People suffering from asthma and other respiratory problems are recommended to replace white sugar with brown sugar. The consumption of brown sugar will prevent asthma and fight against other allergic reactions.
10. Provides Skin Protection
Brown sugar is very good for your skin too, as it hydrates and moisturizes the skin. It reduces swelling present on your skin. Brown sugar is a vitamin B enricher that will protect your skin from ageing effects and prevent the skin cells from further damage.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, please share it with your friends and family.
- skin careDIY Brown Sugar Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dead Skin Cells
- skin careWhat Happens When You Apply Pomegranate Peel On Your Skin?
- skin careHow Often Should You Scrub Your Face In A Week?
- skin careTwo-In-One: 7 Quick, Single-Ingredient Masks For Your Hair And Skin
- wellnessBusting Myths About How Food Affects Skin: Myth 6 May Surprise You!
- skin careHoli 2022: How To Remove Holi Colour From Face, Nails, Hands And Hair
- make up tips17 Simple Tips To Make Makeup Last On Oily Skin
- skin careHow To Improve Firmness Of Your Skin As You Age: 10-Point Guide For Everyone Over 35
- skin careHow To Smell Good All Day, Every Day (With And Without Perfume)
- skin careHave Oily Skin And Can’t Figure Out A Skincare Routine? Here Are Some Tips!
- skin careSimple DIY Charcoal Face Mask For Oily, Dry And Acne-Prone Skin
- skin careWalnut Oil Benefits And How You Can Use It To Get Glowing, Healthy Skin