- Sports India vs West Indies: Shivam Dube slams maiden T20I fifty, Virat Kohli gets lauded for his masterstroke
- News Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital, thanks fans for prayers
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
PCOS, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, is one of the most prevalent hormonal endocrine disorders among women. One in 10 women among the child-bearing age are affected due to this.
Diagnosing the symptoms of PCOS is very difficult, and the symptoms vary in different women. The best we can do is to eat certain healthy foods that will help reduce the risk of one contracting PCOS.
This article will present the top best foods for PCOS. Early prevention of PCOS is also important, as it increases the risk of other medical conditions like Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, insulin resistance, heart disease and high cholesterol level.
Obesity and weight gain are some of the most prominent symptoms of PCOS. Women with PCOS will have high testosterone levels, and this will lead to excessive hair growth, irregular menstrual cycle, male pattern baldness and acne.
Testosterone prevents the ovaries from releasing the egg every month and this leads to infertility and irregular menstrual cycle. Opting for a low GI diet plan with regular exercises are some methods to control PCOS problems.
Also read: Treating PCOS With Diet Modification
Continue reading to know the best foods to be included in a PCOS diet.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables:
These will help control PCOS naturally. These are enriched with maximum nutrients per calories when compared to other foods. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium and Vitamins K, C and E.
2. Coloured Vegetables:
Colourful vegetables are loaded with powerful antioxidants that will help to neutralize the consequences of oxidative stress in women suffering from PCOS.
This is also one of the best foods for preventing PCOS. Fruits are rich in phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and fibers and hence it has to be included in the PCOS diet.
4. Healthy Fats:
Healthy fats found in seeds, nuts, olive oil, avocado, tuna and salmons will help maintain the cells and remove toxins from the body. These will also promote hormonal balance and weight management among women suffering from PCOS.
5. Organic Meat:
Meat is a powerful source of protein, and opting for organic lean meat that does not contain pesticides, is known to help prevent PCOS in women. Hence, this is a best food to avoid PCOS.
6. Low GI Carbohydrate Foods:
Going for healthy carbohydrates with low glycaemic index is always a good idea, as it takes longer time to break down and digest the food. This causes slow and consistent release of blood glucose in the body. It also helps prevent weight gain, thereby helping manage PCOS better.