It might be difficult to believe, but our eyes depend greatly on nutrients, as well as an excellent diet in order to maintain and preserve a good eyesight. There are several nutrients present in different types of foods that help to keep our eyes healthy and also to protect our eyes from several diseases.
Eating for the eyes is not only essential in managing and preventing ocular problems such as age-related macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma, nourishing the eyes may improve the way they function and make your eyesight more powerful, even when your eyes are already healthy.
If you are aiming to help keep your vision sharp well into the sixties, seventies and even eighties, you may wish to incorporate these nutrients into your diet every day. Have these on a regular basis to protect your eyes from damage.
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
Omega-3 fatty acids are fantastic for your eyes. Omega-3 fatty acids shield your eyes from a wide range of different conditions. They keep your eyes damp, preventing you from developing dry eyes. They may also lessen your probability of developing glaucoma, by making certain the fluid in the eye drains properly.
Having a sufficient amount of omega-3 fatty acids in what you eat may also decrease your probability of developing age related macular degeneration by up to thirty percent. These are also anti-inflammatory in nature. These are found in sea fish, walnuts and flaxseeds.
2. Vitamin A:
Foods rich in vitamin A like carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, apricots and mangoes protect the vision with the help of antioxidants by combating oxidative stress and prevent vision damage.
3. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C rich foods like oranges, grapefruits and bell peppers have powerful antioxidants that protect cell damage and also restrict the formation of cataracts.
4. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E rich foods like yogurt, red meat, chickpeas and oysters protect the healthy tissues from breaking down and prevent the formation of cataracts.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss