- News Bollywood Drug nexus: NCB seizes mobile phones of Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan and 3 others
- Sports PCB summons Misbah and players after their meeting with PM
- Technology WhatsApp ‘Expiring Media’ Feature Spotted In Latest Beta Version
- Automobiles 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up Again For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Do you eat too many chips? Do you crave to eat salty foods all the time? Well, you are not alone because there are so many others who experience salt cravings. But what makes you carve?
Well, it could be due to mineral deficiency too. Maybe your body is saying you need some salt through those cravings.
Before you give in to your cravings or try to control them, you might need to know about the root cause of the problem. Here are some facts...
In some cases, intense exercise could also make you crave for salty foods. In some cases, those cravings could be due to dehydration. When your body loses salt through sweat or excessive urination, you might crave for salty foods.
What if you eat too much of salty foods? Well, that might cause high BP and in some people. It could also pose a threat to kidneys and heart too.
How much salt do you need? Well, you may need only 200mg of sodium per day to function well. Consuming more than a teaspoon of salt a day is very dangerous.
Do you sweat too much? Are you suffering diarrhea? Do you suffer frequent vomiting? In such cases, your cravings could be due to the loss of salt and water. In such a case, your body might be tying to compensate for the loss. But consuming a hydrating solution is better than eating chips.
If your cravings are after intense exercise, consider a vegetable soup instead of salty snacks. Your body may need to replace the sodium levels after strenuous activity.
People suffering from mineral deficiencies like iron, calcium, potassium or sodium deficiency might also experience cravings.
The cravings could also be due to salt addiction. Maybe, the salty foods are giving pleasure and you are caving for more and more. But that's unhealthy.