Does overdose of water kill you? Too much of anything is bad! Yes, even the good things may turn bad when the dosage is high. Even healthy foods can be deadly if you cross the limit.
Over consumption may have negative consequences. We all know that. But some foods or substances may even kill a human being in case of over dosage.
Also Read: 10 Harmful Effects Of Aspirin Overdose
Here is a list of foods which are very deadly when you consume too much. Never make the mistake of eating too much of the below mentioned foods.
If you drink more than 7-10 liters of water at a time, your kidneys may struggle a lot to flush the water out of your system. In rare cases, it could even result in organ damage or brain edema or even respiratory arrest. It could thereby cause death too.
How much is too much? Well, there are people who died due to caffeine over dosage in energy drinks. When it comes to coffee, if a person drinks around more than 100 cups of coffee one after the other, there is no guarantee of survival.
Also Read: What Vitamin Overdose Can Do To You?
If a person eats around 10 kilograms of chocolate in one go, the complications he may suffer include internal bleeding, epileptic fits, diarrhea, nausea and even death.
Suppose a drink contains 40% of alcohol. If a person consumes more than 1.5 liters of that drink in just one hour then it is deadly! Death cold occur!
Smoking 75 cigarettes one after the other can be deadly. Each stick contains around 0.8 mg nicotine!
Also Read: Is Overdose Of Vitamin C Dangerous?
What? Are apples dangerous? Well, no but eating the seeds of more than 18 apples at a time could be lethal. They contain cyanide and may even cause death in some cases.
Banana is healthy. It contains potassium. But if you eat too much of potassium, it could be lethal. How much is too much? Well, eating 400 bananas one after the other can even take away life.
Also Read: Are You Caffeine Poisoning Yourself?
Around 50 teaspoons of salt in a single sitting could be lethal dosage. It could be very painful too.
Even sugar can be deadly if you eat around 500 teaspoons of it in a single sitting. That is the reason why moderation in everything is the key to healthy life.
- How to Stop Emotional Eating - 5 Simple Steps
- Nutritional Requirements For 8 Months To 1-year-old Babies
- Belly Fat Woes? Try These Foods That Instantly Burn Belly Fat
- This Is What Happens When You Don’t Eat Enough Calories
- Foods That Bring Strength To Baby's Feet
- What To Eat At Work For Lunch? 9 Simple Tips And Ideas
- Hypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- Eat These! 42 Fibre-rich Foods For Weight Loss
- 10 Zero-calorie Foods You Must Eat If You Are Planning To Lose Weight!
- Try This! Best Time To Eat Certain Foods For Weight Loss
- All You Need To Know About The '6 Meals A Day' Plan For Weight Gain
- 8 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Sweet Potato
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley