- 59 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Fat is not something that is always bad!! To stay healthy, your body needs certain amount of fat. Scientists call fat as good and bad, based on their function in our body. Low-density lipoprotein is considered as bad cholesterol, whereas high-density lipoprotein is the good cholesterol that our body requires.
Knowing the sources of good fat is the best thing that will help you to take the first step towards a healthy and balanced diet. It is recommended to have a blood checkup done at least once in a year to check the lipid panel. If you have diabetes, you have to do this more frequently. Taking foods that are sources of good fat will increase the HDL level in your body.
It is recommended to consume mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats to avoid several diseases. These two types of fat reduce the risk of high bad cholesterol, heart diseases and diabetes. Good fat is important for the perfect physical and emotional health.
Here, we will discuss about some of the incredible sources of good fat.
Packed with numerous health benefits, avocado is one of the healthiest fruits. It is rich in monounsaturated fats and the main fatty acid is a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid. Besides, it also helps to prevent free radical damage, reduces the risk of birth defects, boosts immunity and lowers the process of ageing on regular consumption.
Walnuts have now become high in demand around the world. The reason is that it has omega-3 fatty acid, which is important to increase HDL. Increased HDL level is considered as a good sign that will prevent heart diseases.
Butter has numerous health benefits, as it is packed with omega-6, omega-3 fatty acid, fat-soluble vitamins like A, D E, and antioxidants. Butter is one of the best sources of good fat that keeps your digestion and metabolism in the right track.
Yes, olive has more than 10% fat and fortunately, it is monounsaturated fat. Besides this, olive also carries many heart-friendly nutrients. This is one of the sources of healthy fat that you need in your diet.
One cup of ground flax seeds has more than 40% of unsaturated fat. Along with it, flax seed also carries omega-3 fatty acid, lignans, antioxidants and fibre that help in maintaining your health.
Are you a non-vegetarian and worried about the fat content that you eat? Salmon is one of the best sources of good fat. It is known as a booster for healthy heart. Fully packed with omega-3, salmon is recommended by the experts to be included in your diet.
Many find dark chocolates as yummy and for them, there is good news. Dark chocolates reach you with many essential fats as well as nutrients. You can find Vitamin A, B, E, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and flavonoids. So don't worry, enjoy eating dark chocolates.
Most people tend to avoid egg from their diet. But, egg is one of the best sources that carries healthy fat and many nutrients. Note that anything in excess is not good for the body. So, remember to take eggs in a moderate amount.
So, don't consider fat as your enemy!! Good fat can do many good things to your body.