Are gherkins good for you? Most of us don't know much about the health benefits of gherkin. It is very famous in the southern states of India.
This vegetable is eaten at least once or twice a week. Generally, this vegetable is fried and consume along with rice. Some like it in its raw from in a salad.
Actually, gherkin belongs to the cucumber family. It almost looks like a cucumber but is much smaller in size compared to a cucumber. And yes, it is also used in some pickles.
Now, here are the health benefits of gherkin.
Most of this vegetable is nothing but water. Yes, its a hydrating vegetable. It helps your body stay hydrated and also helps in throwing out toxins. Eating it during summer can help you beat the heat.
Gherkins contain ascorbic acid. This vegetable is also good for your skin. Even applying it externally on your skin can treat skin issues.
Also Read: Cucumber Garlic Salad For Hypertension
Like most of the other vegetables, even gherkins are fibre-rich. They are good for your digestive system and soothe your stomach.
Also Read: Eat Cucumber Everyday And See How It Helps
Your body needs silica to maintain healthy ligaments, tendons and connective tissues. Gherkins offer silica.
Gherkins contain Vitamin A, B, C and minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium and calcium. All these nutrients help in staying healthy.
Your body needs vitamin K for many purposes like clotting of the blood and to deal with mal-absorption issues. This vitamin also helps in bone development and in reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
Are gherkins good for weight loss? Gherkin are also very low in fat content; so you can add this to your cart when you visit the store. Gherkin also provides ample of potassium which is required to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Skinless Chicken Breast
- 12 Health Benefits Of Peanut Butter That Will Surprise You
- 11 Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Avocados
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Egg Whites Daily
- 12 Healthy Facts About Carrots You Didn't Know
- Vitamin D Pills Can Reduce Asthma Attacks!
- How Pumpkin Seeds Help Fall Asleep
- How Weight Loss Surgery Increases Anaemia Risk? Other Risk Factors For Anaemia
- This Is How Taking Vitamin Pills Can Affect Your Health!
- What Causes Sickness During Pregnancy?
- Remedies For Excessive Blinking
- Essential Vitamins For Women's Health
- 11 Health Benefits Of Coconut Vinegar You Probably Didn't Know