- 55 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Adding more essential fatty acids to your diet is a great way to support your health. These fatty acids help support the cardiovascular health, brain functioning and development, skin health and also offer several benefits for the body.
Some of the common food sources of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are considered the best when it comes to providing your body with essential fatty acids.
The body can synthesize most of the fat it needs from the diet. Two essential fatty acids - linoleic acid and alphalinoleic acid - cannot be synthesized in the body and must be obtained from food.
These fats found in plant foods are used to build specialized fats called omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are necessary for the good functioning of all the tissues of the body.
Here, we have listed some of the best food sources of essential fatty acids. So, scroll down further to know about the foods that contain essential fatty acids.
1. Flax Seeds:
Flax seeds are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids and consuming these is known to protect against heart problems.
2. Hemp Seeds:
Hemp seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids that can lower your risk of a number of health conditions, including arthritis and cancer.
Walnuts contain a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid called alpha-linoleic acid that is a necessary element for your diet to maintain optimal health.
Almonds contain just 3.5 grams of polyunsaturated fats per 1 ounce of serving. These fatty acids are also necessary for the body. But almonds do not contain omega-3 fatty acids. This is one of the best food sources of essential fatty acids.
5. Olive Oil:
Olive oil contains both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are necessary to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
6. Whole Grains:
Whole grains have been linked with reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity and other chronic diseases.
7. Egg Yolk:
Egg yolk contains about 4.5 grams of total fat and 1.6 grams of saturated fat that are vital for the body.
Salmons are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help in preventing all kinds of heart-related diseases.
9. Green Leafy Vegetables :
These contain good amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. A ½ cup of fresh cooked spinach contains about 100 grams of omega 3 fatty acids.
Herrings are good for us, as they contain high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. These play an important role in brain development and functioning.
11. Cod Liver oil :
Cod liver oil contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA that are essential acids for the body. This is one of the best food sources of essential fatty acids.
12. Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds contain essential fatty acids, alpha-linoleic acid and linoleic acid that are highly beneficial for the body.
Water packed tuna contains precious omega 3s. These are also considered to be one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Sardines are one of the best natural sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids. Just about 3.2 oz. can give you about 50% of your daily needs.
15. White Fish:
White fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Studies have suggested that healthy fats in this fish help improve inflammatory conditions like arthritis. This is yet again one of the best food sources of essential fatty acids.