- 31 min ago Daily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 1 hr ago Don’t Break Your Fitness Regimen This Independence Day: Try This Healthy Tricolour Sandwich
- 13 hrs ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 16 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- News No "hello", instead use 'Vande Mataram' when answering calls: Maha minister to govt officials
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 14 Highlights: Kanika Mann Emerges As The Winner Of The K-Medal Race
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
Though grapes are one of the most popular fruits, many people neglect to eat them on a regular basis. Grapes are enriched with powerful antioxidants and also contain natural plant compounds called Oligomeric Proanthocyanidin Complexes (OPCs).
They are well known for their antioxidant activity, as they help to eliminate the free radicals in the body. This also aids in preventing premature ageing as well as chronic diseases.
The OPCs in grapes have varied and vast health benefits and are beneficial for all the parts of our body. The health benefits of grape seeds are such that, in the past, they were used as a traditional remedy for issues related to the heart and blood vessels, high blood pressure and weak blood circulation.
Also read: Health Benefits Of Grape Juice
The health benefits of grape seeds do not end with that. A grape seed also has antibacterial, antiviral, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and vasodilatory properties.
The plant compound OPCs found in grapes also play a major role in preventing cancer. As per studies, it was found that grape seed extract helped prevent the growth of breast, stomach, lung, prostate and colon cancer cells.
Also Read: Why Grapes Are Good For Runners?
Continue reading in order to know the top health benefits of grape seeds.
1. High Blood Pressure:
Grape seed contains flavonoids, linoleic acid and phenolic procyanidins that helpto protect the blood vessels from damage and hence in preventing high blood pressure.
2. Chronic Venous Insufficiency:
The OPCs found in grape seeds will alleviate the symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency. It considerably helped to reduce the feeling of heaviness, pain and itching.
3. Bone Strength:
Grape seeds have positive health benefits on bone. It helps to improve the bone formation and strength.
Grape seeds extract helps to heal the swelling of legs. Swelling, also known as oedema, was found to be common after breast cancer surgery and by taking grape seed extract, it was found to be helpful in a big way to reduce the swelling, as per a study.
5. Cognitive Decline:
Grape seed extract also helps to reverse hippocampal dysfunction in the brain. This is done by reducing oxidative stress and in preserving mitochondrial function.
6. Oral Health:
As per a lab study, it was found that grape seed extract solution promoted the remineralization of cavities. It helped to reverse early tooth decay and played a positive role in bone health.
Grapes can also be used for diabetes control. Administering grape seed extract along with proper exercise helped improve lipid profile, weight loss, blood pressure and other diabetic conditions.
- nutrition7 Health Benefits Of Concord Grapes
- nutritionGrapes: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks & Ways To Eat
- wellnessBenefits Of Concord Grapes For Kidney Health
- nutrition10 Health Benefits Of Grape Seeds You Should Know
- skin careGet Glowing Skin With These Grape Face Packs
- diet fitnessAre Grapes Bad For You When Trying To Lose Weight?
- diet fitness9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- nutrition12 Best Foods For Liver Infection
- wellnessGrape Compounds Can Kill Colon Cancer Cells
- nutritionBest And Natural Foods For The Pancreas
- nutritionIt's The Season Of Grapes & Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Eat Grapes
- beautyDiy - Grapes And Gram Flour Hydrating Face Mask For Summer