- 7 min ago Rakul Preet Singh Looks Cute And Awesome In Her Gingham Co-ord Set; Know The Price Inside!
- 37 min ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Turn Stylish Fashion Inspiration For Couples As They Match From Head-To-Toe
- 1 hr ago The Wild Dog Actress Saiyami Kher Flaunts Two Stunning Outfits; Which One Will You Pick?
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Tips For A Stronger Immune System When Fasting
- Finance Wipro Q4 Results: Net Profit Jumps 28% to Rs 2,972 crore, Beats Estimates
- Sports IPL 2021: RR vs DC, Match 7 Live Updates: Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals lock horns at the Wankhede Stadium
- News Declare COVID-19 'natural calamity': Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray urges PM Modi
- Movies Why Did Geeta Basra Never Return To Acting After Marrying Harbhajan Singh?
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Education MPBSE MP Board Exam 2021 Postponed For Class 10, 12 Amid Covid Crisis
- Automobiles Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
Nuts should be included in your daily diet because they contain a wide range of nutrients that promote a better health. They are good sources of healthy fats, fibre and protein, and contain a number of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and vitamin E.
A new study has shown that people who eat at least 20 grams of nuts per day can cut the risk of coronary heart disease by nearly 30 percent, premature death by 22 percent, and cancer by 15 percent.
Nuts also have the power to reduce the risk of obesity over time and since they are also energy dense, you can reap the benefits without sacrificing your waistline.
Nuts have the ability to reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome, such as high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It also reduces the risk of other chronic diseases and can also reduce the risk of certain cancers.
If you want to add nuts to your diet, read on to know more about the 10 best nuts to eat for better health.
Almonds contain a number of beneficial nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium, fibre, carbohydrate, protein, and manganese. The vitamin E, magnesium and potassium can reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Dopamine, another compound found in almonds, is a key player in proper brain development and sharpens the memory.
Pistachios are an excellent source of potassium, vitamin B6, copper, and manganese. Pistachios lower the blood sugar levels and snacking on them has beneficial effects on obesity, inflammation and glycaemic control. It also has zero cholesterol, which is good for weight loss lovers.
Walnuts resemble the human brain and that is the reason why they are popular for boosting the brain power. Walnuts are high in omega-3 fats and are low in fibre and contain the highest levels of antioxidants that prevent cancer. The nuts also boost the immune system and help fight against coronary heart disease.
4. Cashew Nuts
Cashew nuts taste yummy when eaten alone and are known to improve the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. They contain anacardic acid, which improves insulin sensitivity and helps prevent chronic inflammation. Cashew nuts are also rich in minerals like zinc, selenium, and copper.
Pecans are wonderful nuts that contain polyphenols, which act as antioxidants. They are also a good source of vitamin E, which protects the skin from bad oxidants. Pecans contain a variety of minerals and vitamins like folic acid, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc.
6. Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts contain monounsaturated fats that benefit the heart. These nuts also contain palmitoleic acid, an acid that speeds up the body's metabolic rate, which prevents excess fat storage. Macadamia nuts also contain an array of nutrients, including fibre and minerals like calcium, magnesium, copper and iron.
7. Brazil Nuts
Brazil nuts are often referred to as an anti-cancer superfood due to its rich source of selenium. The nuts also serve the nervous and muscular systems and boost the immune system. It is also high in fibre and consists of healthy fats that are essential in detoxification, control inflammation and thyroid functions.
Hazelnuts are not only nutritious but also are beneficial in reducing the risk of heart disease. They are packed with many important nutrients like vitamin E, manganese, thiamine, folate, and fatty acids, which improve brain and cognitive function.
Peanuts are also known as ground nuts and can be eaten raw which works wonders for the skin. Due to their numerous health benefits, peanuts are eaten as a popular snack. They also contain high levels of manganese that helps in maintaining the blood sugar levels and also boosts memory.
Chestnuts are low in fat and contain flavonoids such as quercetin, which protects against diabetes and cancer. Their unique sweet taste and potent benefits assist in the healing of damaged blood vessels and capillaries. Chestnuts also help in maintaining strong teeth and eradicate respiratory ailments.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.