- 15 min ago Dangers Of Indoor Tanning: Know Why Is It So Addictive?
- 1 hr ago Yashoda Jayanti 2023:Know About Date, Time, History, Worship Method, Significance, And Benefits
- 2 hrs ago What Are The Three Stages Of Labour? Is There A Difference Between A Caesarean & Normal Delivery?
- 2 hrs ago How To Get Vitamin D Without Risking Excessive Sun Exposure
- News Indian diaspora rejects "BBC's sinister and biased documentary" in US
- Movies Farah Khan Consoles A Sobbing Rakhi Sawant With A Hug During Her Mother's Funeral. WATCH
- Sports Ranji Trophy 2023 Quarter Final, Semi Final & Final Schedule: Date, Venues, TV Channel & Live Streaming Info
- Finance Union Budget 2023: Delicate Act Of Maximizing Fiscal Impulse Amid Consolidation
- Education Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy: Read Here for Major Differences!
- Automobiles Bid For Mahindra XUV400 One Special Edition Crosses 1 Crore Mark – Checkout All Details
- Technology Jio True 5G Reaches Northeast India; Now Live In 191 Cities In India
- Travel What Is Sun Tourism And Why Its Trend Worries Himachal Pradesh
Anemia is one of the most familiar blood disorders. If you have anemia, it means that there are less number of red blood cells in your blood. It also means that the haemoglobin concentration in your blood is at a low level. Do you know there are different types of fruits you can eat when you are anemic?
Haemoglobin is the protein which is present in your blood cells that helps transport oxygen to the different organs of your body.
There can be various causes of anemia such as iron deficiency, folic acid deficiency, extreme loss of blood, deficiency of vitamin C and vitamin B12, lactation, deficiency in production of red blood cells, some diseases like AIDs, arthritis, etc.
The most general symptoms of anemia are shortness of breath, lethargy, exhaustion, palpitation, excessive sweating, sensitivity to cold, etc.
Some rare symptoms may include chronic heartburn, blood in the tools, vomiting, swelling in the arms and legs. Fruits are the best cures to treat anemia and when you know about these, you can eat them to curb the condition.
Anemia can be treated by knowing its cause and its severity. Generally, the treatment of anemia includes medicines, dietary changes and sometimes surgery as well (to cure the excessive blood loss).
In order to increase the haemoglobin, you need more iron and hence your doctor may prescribe you some iron supplements and also advise you to make necessary changes in your diet.
Moreover, for a healthy diet, it is extremely necessary for you to incorporate foods that abound with folic acid, vitamin B12 and vitamin C in your daily diet.
Although there is a vast list of foods that help to combat anemia, in this article the emphasis has been put only on the various types of fruits to eat when you are anemic.
Read on to get the information on each fruit, what are its qualities and how it can be used to treat anemia.
Prunes and prune juices are rich sources of iron and are the best fruits to treat anemia. Incorporate prunes into your daily breakfast in order to prevent anemia.
Apples are one of the numerous fruits that helps to increase your blood count. Apples contain Vitamin C that helps your body to absorb the non-heme iron. Eat an apple daily to combat anemia.
Apricots abound with iron and help to increase your body's iron levels. Make it a habit to consume a handful of apricots daily along with your breakfast or as a mid-day snack to boost your iron levels.
Grapefruit is another fruit which abounds with Vitamin C and is one of the best types of fruits to eat when you are anemic. You can eat it either raw or have it in the form of a juice.
Folic acid is very important to build and maintain the new cells in your body. It also helps treat anemia, especially when you are pregnant. Banana contains folic acid and is one of the numerous fruits that helps to increase your blood count.
Vitamin C is extremely necessary for your body because it helps in absorbing the iron that you consume. Citrus fruits are the best sources of Vitamin C. Oranges are rich in Vitamin C and consuming these can help combat anemia.
Mangoes are rich in iron and hence they are one of the best types of fruits to eat when you are anemic. This is one of the best fruits to have when you are anemic.
Kiwis is another fruit that is rich in Vitamin C. If you are anemic and are consuming iron tablets, you should also consume kiwis along with the tablets. Kiwis taste delicious and are one of the best types of fruits to eat when you are anemic.
Pomegranates are loaded with Vitamin C and iron. They not only improve the flow of blood in the body, but are also quite effective in treating a number of anemic symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, weakness, etc. Make sure to consume one pomegranate daily (raw or juice form) to fight anemia.
- nutritionFive Leafy Vegetables That Are A Must Add To Your Diet, Esp If You Are Over 30
- wellnessDaily Consumption Of Grapes Is Linked To Longevity And Reduced Risk Of Fatty Liver Diseases: Study
- festivalsGanesha Chaturthi 2022: Favourite Fruits Of Lord Ganesha And Their Benefits
- recipesCalcium-Rich Recipe For Healthy Bones: Frozen Yoghurt And Mixed Fruit Parfait
- nutritionProtein And Vitamin B Rich Foods That Can Replace Meat Products During Lent
- skin carePulp It, Then Apply It: 5 Fruits You Should Apply On Your Face
- wellnessDon’t Throw Away The Peel Of These Fruits And Vegetables, They Have Benefits And Other Uses Too
- nutritionWhat Are Stone Fruits And Why You Should Avoid Eating Their Seeds?
- nutritionMango Vs Litchi: Who Is The Winner Of The Best Summer Fruit?
- wellnessBest Superfoods For Men And Women Over 40
- diabetesIs Consumption Of Raw Food Diet Beneficial In Diabetes?
- diabetesAre Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?