- News Namaste Trump: What is Abhivadan Samiti? Who are the members?
- Sports Teen table tennis prodigy Hansini wins bronze in maiden international event in Sweden
- Technology How To Overclock Your Android Device For Enhanced Performance
- Movies Bheeshma Day 2 Collection: Nithiin, Rashmika Mandanna Starrer Earns Decent Numbers At The Box Office
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
You just had a sumptuous meal, what do you do next? Well, we can't really answer that question, as we all do different things, right? Did you know that there are certain things you must completely avoid after eating?
Yes, if you want to stay healthy and avoid suffering from numerous lifestyle-related disorders, then you must follow certain healthy diet tips that involve avoiding a few things after you have just had a meal.
We often hear advice from older people or doctors who suggest a number of healthy lifestyle and diet tips for us to follow; however, many of us tend to ignore them, or we simply do not find the need to follow them!
The fact is that there are certain things that we must totally avoid doing after a meal, as they may cause certain health complications.
If you follow healthy habits after meals, then you can boost your health to a great extent and keep many disorders at bay, as a good diet is one of the most important things that is needed for good health.
So, here is a list of things you must completely avoid doing right after eating, read along.
Healthy habits to follow after a meal include not smoking, as the nicotine content in cigarettes can interfere with the digestion process and also lead to the absorption of more carcinogens by the body!
Showering right after a meal can lead to reduced digestive functions, as a shower can slow down the blood flow in the body, so there is lesser blood available for digestion.
3. Eating Fruits
Things to avoid doing after eating involves eating fruits, as fruits require different enzymes to be digested, so they will not get absorbed well by the body when consumed immediately after meals.
4. Drinking Tea
Healthy habits to follow after having a meal involve not drinking tea, as tea reduces the body's capacity to absorb iron from the food taken.
5. Sitting For A Long Time
Another healthy diet tip involves walking around a bit, after a meal, and not remain sedentary, as this habit may lead to indigestion.
6. Vigorous Exercise
Things to avoid doing after a meal involves performing vigorous exercises right after a meal, as it may cause acid reflex, hiccups, nausea, etc.
7. Lying Down
Avoid lying down immediately after a meal, as this can cause the food to travel up your digestive tract and cause acid reflex.