- 5 hrs ago Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra And Other Business Tycoons Who Came Foward To Fight Against Coronavirus
- 5 hrs ago Coronavirus: Fashion Brands That Are Making Masks To Support Medical Workers
- 10 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 March 2020
- 19 hrs ago How To Take Care Of A Patient With Suspected Or Confirmed COVID-19
- News Udupi man who committed suicide fearing having contracted coronavirus tested negative
- Sports Sunil Chhetri requests people to 'do all they can' to combat coronavirus pandemic
- Movies Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For The Fourth Time, Family Members Concerned!
- Technology How to Pin a Website to Windows 10 Taskbar
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
For many years now, green foods have always been in the limelight. Yes, green foods like spinach, kale, broccoli, etc, have a high content of vitamins and nutrients.
But, did you know that black foods too are highly nutritious in nature. Yes, black-coloured foods are also superfoods and consuming some of these foods in the summer will help to keep your body cool and fit in the scorching sun.
Experts advice that if you make these black foods a part of your summer diet, there is no way you will fall ill. Black foods are healthy because their colour hails from anthocyanins, a plant pigment that may help lower the risks of diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Surprised? There is more. Black foods also have a higher rate of antioxidants when compared to light-coloured foods, and this is again due to their high pigment content.
So, if you want a change in your diet, and if you want to make summer cooler and better, away from all types of summer illnesses, then you should take a look at some of these black superfoods for the summer:
Well, you've been told that brown rice should be a must add in your diet. Well, black rice contains more anthocyanin, which means if you consume this rice, your immunity gets doubled up. It also protects the cells from free radical damage.
Black olives are a healthy option too. These little foods contain an antioxidant that helps to prevent heart diseases and, at the same time, lowers cholesterol levels too.
Black tea is quite popular in many parts of India. It is considered as a superfood only because it contains theaflavins, which help to lower your risk of having a heart attack.
Black beans are a great source of iron. They not only help to build-up good blood cells, but they also help in lowering your risk of developing a cancer.
The polyphenols that are present in blackberries help to look after your brain. If you consume these little berries on a regular basis, as you age, you will not suffer from memory loss.
There is a compound in this mushroom that helps to prevent cancer. Likewise, the rich antioxidants present in black mushrooms help to boost the immunity and prevent premature ageing.
The active compound called piperine gives the spicy taste to these corns. Pepper is filled with rich sources of iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, chromium, vitamins A and C. These little corns help in weight loss as well as prevent summer sicknesses.
Mustard seeds should be a must add to your daily diet. These little seeds are packed with calcium that enables this amazing superfood to protect your bones and teeth.
Black Sesame Seeds:
These little seeds are filled with protein that helps in regulating blood pressure, prevents diabetes and above all, these seeds are good for the heart.