- 5 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 5 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 7 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 7 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Most of us are not into eating fruits but it is good to add them into your daily diet. When it comes to grapefruit, some of us have not even tastes it as we seldom try any fruits other than banana, apple and so on.
But grapefruit is very popular, healthy and is good as a snack. Also, it offers several health benefits too. It contains lots of water, lowers cholesterol, controls your sugar levels and does a lot more.
Now, let us discuss about the health benefits of grapefruits.
Another study claims that grapefruit speeds up recovery in case of wounds. Also, it contains high levels of vitamin C which plays a role in formation of blood vessels.
This fruit is also said to prevent certain types of cancer. It is said to prevent pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer. It also minimises inflammation.
As the glycemic index of grapefruit is low, it can keep your blood sugar levels stable.
It is better to consume grapefruit at room temperature. So, storing them in the fridge may not be a good idea.
If you are taking any medicines then consult a doctor before you consume grapefruit as it may interact with some medications.
Eating a grapefruit daily can minmise the levels of bad cholesterol in your body. Bad cholesterol may increase your risk of stroke and heart attack. So, eat a grapefruit.
Another study claims that grapefruit also reduces hypertension. It is said to bring the systolic blood pressure down.
Do you know the fact that this fruit is 90%water? Yes, it is among the most hydrating fruits.
Triglyceride levels are dangerous for your heart as they are fatty substances. Grapefruit reduces triglycerides.
A study claims that those who consume grapefruit juice before eating their big meals of the day may end up losing more weight depending upon their weight loss goals.
The pith of the grape fruit contains loads of antioxidants and fibre. Many people generally throw the pith away but it is healthy to eat it.
It contains vitamins A and C. This is why grapefruit is considered as immune booster.