- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RSMSSB Patwari Notification releases 4,207 vacancies
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Finance 3 Beaten Down Shares That Can Yield Good Returns
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Dosas look like thin paper sheets but they come with lots of health benefits. There are many varieties of dosas. Most of them are made of rice batter and lentils. They are good source of carbs and of course, many other nutrients.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Upma
In fact, dosas are helathier and tastier than a Pizza or a burger. Though most of us know that fast foods are unhelathy, we tend to find it difficult to quit them due to their taste. But try a dosa and you will understand that it is tasty too!
Yes, dosas are low in calories. The dosa which comes with a filling inside is known as masala dosa. It is high in calories. Generally, they are eaten with chutney (pickle) and sambar. This tasty dish is also healthy. If you thought that healthy foods are never tasty then you must eat dosa.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Idli-Sambar
The best part is: you can eat it any time of the day- breakfast or lunch or even as dinner. It has carbs, vitamins, proteins and minerals too. And dosa also contains probiotics which keep your gut happy. And yes, it is easily digestible.
Now, let us discuss the health benefits of dosa.
Good Source Of Carbs
We need carbs to feel energetic. And dosa is a good source to obtain some healthy carbs. Try masala dosa if you wish to have enough calories.
Contains Minerals Like Iron
There are some vitamins and minerals in a dosa in small quantities. A single dosa can provide a small percentage of iron, calcium and vitamin C. When you eat it along with sambar, you will get more nutrients as sambar is also rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Dosa is also low in saturated fat and that makes it good for the heart too. A regular dosa contains only 2g of saturated fat. But don't forget to use very less oil to prepare a dosa.
The nutrients in a dosa also provide endurance and energy levels. In fact, as a dosa is basically nutritious and healthy you can experiment a lot by adding your favourite vegetables inside it as stuffing, trying egg on it etc.
Contains Protein Too
We need protein to maintain muscle mass. A regular dosa can provide you with enough. But if you want more proteins, you can always try egg dosa (egg is fried on dosa). And you can consume it with sambar which contains lentils which are good sources of proteins.
Good For Weight Loss
As dosa is low in calories and low in fat, you can include it in your diet if you are targeting weight loss. But ensure that you use less oil while preparing your dosa.
Good For Diabetics Too
As the sugar levels in dosa are low, even diabetics can eat it. But instead of a masala dosa, a regular plain dosa is preferable.