- 29 min ago December Festivals 2021: Not Just Christmas, Here Is A List Of Auspicious Days In This Month
- 12 hrs ago 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- 13 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Sale 2021: From Smart TV to AC, Get Upto 50% Off On Cool Home Appliances
- 16 hrs ago Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
- Movies Akhanda Twitter Review: 10 Tweets You Should Read Before Watching The Nandamuri Balakrishna Starrer!
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Automobiles Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Protein shakes are mostly made of milk, eggs and soy. They supply high quality protein to the body. Many body builders make frequent of it without knowing it's health hazards if consumed in excess.
There are many health risks of protein drinks or protein powders that we will discuss with you today.
Protein shakes can cause toxicity leading to health problems. These commercial protein powders are processed form of proteins. They may contain other toxic substances such as lead, arsenic and mercury.
If you opt for a protein powder shake, make sure it should be organic (grass fed in case of dairy based). However this is not the only thing of concern in a protein powder as they contain other ingredients that harm our well being.
Go for natural proteins sources rather than teated processed quick protein source in the form of protein shakes.
Is it safe to take protein shakes? Today, Boldsky will share with you some health risks of protein drinks. Have a look at some harmful effects of protein powder.
Soy, eggs and milk in protein shakes can trigger allergic response in some people. This can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and dehydration. This is one of the health risks of protein supplements.
Is it safe to take protein shakes? Protein shakes made from milk contain milk sugar lactose that causes stomach upset, mostly to those with lactose intolerance. This can cause gases, bloating, diarrhea, heaviness in stomach and cramps.
Are protein shakes harmful to kidneys and liver? The ease of taking protein in the form of shakes makes you to consume it more. This results and excess of proteins and may damage kidneys and liver, mostly in those who already have kidney or liver diseases. This is one of the most harmful effects of protein powder.
Protein shakes may contain harmful and toxic ingredients such as lead,arsenic and mercury. These ingredients are not disclosed on the label of the commercial protein powders. Many laboratory tests have shown the presence of toxins in it. They can lead to gradual and chronic toxicity.
The excess protein in the body is stored as fat leading to weight gain. If you take more protein shake than your dietary needs, you may gain weight. This is one of the worst health risks of protein drinks.
If you always consume protein shake as a sole source of protein and do not have natural protein sources than it leads to malnutrition. You are deprived of other nutrients in your diet as the natural protein sources contain calcium, iron, vitamins and minerals.
Cholesterol And Heart Problems
Protein shakes may increase your cholesterol level as some protein shakes contain fatty substances (bad fats). This can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Protein shakes contain soy that has been shown to cause thyroid enlargement and goiter if taken in excess. It reduces the efficiency of thyroid gland by preventing iodine utilisation in thyroid gland.
This is one harmful effects of protein powder to thyroid gland.
Having protein shakes as a whole source of protein, you will miss the nutritional benefits obtained from whole foods. These shakes are high in refined sugar and artificial ingredients that may harm health.