- just now Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 22 min ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 32 min ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 52 min ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- News He has performed his duty: Cyberabad CP V C Sajjanar's brother
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Kohli's band look to pick up an early lead
- Movies Parth Samthaan Reacts To Rumours Of Dating Erica Fernandes; Says She's Reserved
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
We all have heard about the nutritional facts of dry fruits. It is recommended to consume dry fruits everyday and make it a part of our diet schedule to get a strong immune system.
However, many of us are unaware about the 'dried out fruits' and kind of nutritional value it gives to our body. At the same time, people who often crave for sweets can substitute candies and chocolates with these dried fruits. If you are caught up with work and don't have much time for lunch then dried fruits are the best option. Nibbling dried fruits satisfies your hunger, tastes delicious as well as have abundance of vitamins and minerals. They are also best when added as salad toppings.
Here are some of the nutritional benefits of dried fruits:
A good source of fibre, rich in iron, vitamin A and C, potassium as well as antioxidants. This fruit increases blood count and is good for anaemic patients. It also helps in easy bowel, thus helping people suffering from digestion and constipation. Daily consumption of dried apricots helps the body to fight infections, repair damaged tissues, build strong teeth & bones, and improves eyesight.
Contains good amount of vitamins such as vitamin K, B6, C, E, various minerals and phosphorous. Figs are also rich in copper that are essential in the production of blood vessels. It also protects us from cancer, diabetes, degenerative diseases and infections.
Also referred as sun dried tomatoes. It contains zero fat and cholesterol which means they have no calorie count! Tomatoes has an antioxidant compound and are rich in vitamin C, and iron. The abundance of vitamin C found in dried tomato helps in prevention of cancer, diabetes, heart and lung diseases.
This red-orange berry is a part of tomato and chili pepper family and is highly known for its medicinal benefits. They are highly used in China in preparation of rice dishes, soups and boiled as a tea. This fruit is high in antioxidants, calcium, iron, zinc and vitamins. It also helps in fighting diseases, reduce the risk of kidney & liver conditions, and helps with sexual hormone issues in men.
Cranberry juice is liked by many, but very few of them are aware of its health benefits. Dried cranberries are widely used for treating urinary tract issues. They also help in fighting bacterial infections, cardiovascular disease, strengthening immune system, and is said to have anti-cancer properties. Dried cranberries also help in fighting tooth decay.
Widely known as dried raisins, sultana are dense in minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, copper, fluoride and zinc. The rich properties in sultana is said to be anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and blood cholesterol lowering activities. They also protect against cancers like melanoma, colon & prostate and other diseases such as coronary heart disease, nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease and viral or fungal infections.
This little brother of lychee is said to have the best remedial properties for people suffering from stomach ailments, insomnia and amnesia. The fruit is said to have the calming effect on the nervous system and nourish the blood. This dried fruit can also be consumed by preparing decoction which helps in treating insomnia and neurasthenic neurosis.