- 2 hrs ago Is It Safe To Get A Tattoo While On Periods?
- 4 hrs ago Yogini Ekadashi 2022: Date, Time, Puja Muhurat, Vrat Katha, Remedies And Significance
- 6 hrs ago Monkeypox: We Have Vaccines And Drugs To Treat It
- 6 hrs ago Puri Rath Yatra 2022: Date, Time, Legends, Celebration, History And Significance
- News Missing Nepal plane with 4 Indians onboard found in Mustang; Rescue ops on
- Sports Italy vs Argentina, Finalissima 2022: Date, Kick-off Time in India, Teams, Telecast & Live Streaming Info
- Movies Kamal Haasan Meets Rajinikanth Ahead Of Vikram Release; Lokesh Kanagaraj Shares Pictures
- Finance Stock Markets Next Week: Expect Positive Momentum To Continue
- Technology This WhatsApp Scam Can Get Control Of Your Phone
- Travel One Day Outing From Nagpur: Maharashtra - Places To Visit
- Automobiles Hindustan Motors To Produce Electric Scooters & Cars; This Includes The New Ambassador EV
- Education RRB NTPC CBT 2 Level 2, 3, And 5 Exam Schedule Released, Check Exam Dates Here
Despite a growing number of "highly mutated" Omicron cases in the country and around the world, the Delta variant continues to pose a threat. Although it has been claimed that the Omicron variant of covid has spread considerably more than the Delta variant, another variant has also been noticed. The double mutation variation of COVID-19, which has emerged, has been given the name Delmicron.
Delmicron is a combination of Delta and Omicron and can transmit messages at speeds that are even faster than Delta. Delmicron, one of the twin spikes of Delta and Omicron, has led to a mini tsunami of cases in Europe and the US, according to reports .
What Is Delmicron?
Delmicron is one of the double variants of Covid that are spreading quickly in the West. Currently, COVID-19's Delta Variant and Omicron Variant are found throughout the world, including India. Therefore this name was derived from combining both of them .
How Is Delmicron Different From Omicron?
Omicron is a highly mutated B.1.1.529 form of SARS-CoV-2 first detected in South Africa. Research indicates that this variant spreads faster and currently exhibits milder symptoms than Delta. In addition, the mortality rate is significantly lower than that of the Delta variant. At the same time, Delmicron was developed by combining Delta and Omicron, which is the equivalent of the twin spike of variants around the world, and that is how Delmicron differs from Omicron .
Is Delmicron Riskier Than Other Variants?
Factors such as a weakened immune system, advancing age, and comorbidities can increase the risk of simultaneous infection with Delta and Omicron. Additionally, areas with low vaccination rates may be at greater risk .
In addition, it may be possible that those recovering from Covid may be at higher risk of co-infection. At present, Delta derivatives are the main variants available in India. In other parts of the world, Omicron is rapidly replacing Delta. However, it is impossible to predict how Delta derivatives will perform in India.
- wellnessIndia Records 2,685 Fresh Covid-19 Cases, 33 Deaths
- wellnessEven Vaccinated People Can Develop Long Covid, Study Finds
- wellnessHypertension Most Common Co-Morbidity: Delhi Hospital Study On Covid-19 Patients
- womenWHO Honours 1 Million ASHA Women For COVID-Care Role
- wellnessAir Pollution Linked With More Severe COVID-19: Study
- wellnessOmicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- wellnessHaven't Had Covid-19 Yet? It Could Be More Than Just Luck
- disorders cureWhat Is Geographic Tongue? Is It Related To COVID? Read About The Causes And Symptoms
- wellnessWhy People With Lung Disorder Face Risk Of Severe Covid-19 Found
- wellnessIndia's First mRNA Vaccine Against COVID: 90% Effective; Can Be Used For Malaria, Dengue Etc.
- wellnessOestrogen Treatment Linked With Reduced Covid Mortality: Study
- wellnessTrained Sniffer Dogs May Accurately Detect COVID Infected Airport Passengers: Study