People living in the hot and humid climate often suffer from yeast infections affecting their mouth, intestinal tract, and vagina.
Women are mainly seen suffering from vaginitis (yeast infection in the vagina) that can cause redness of the thigh and exterior vagina, itching, irritation in the vagina, and white or yellowish vaginal discharge.
Studies reveal that nearly 75% of the women population are worst affected by yeast infections at any point of time in their lives. Some women opt for medical assistance by taking proper medication and topical cream, while others are too shy to open up.
So, such people can use natural remedies to cure yeast infections. One of the most important natural remedies is using apple cider vinegar (ACV) for curing the yeast infection.
So, it is important to treat yeast infection before it causes excessive irritation or itching.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
- Yeast infection in the mouth and the tongue is commonly known as oral candidiasis (or oral thrush), which causes discomfort within the mouth. White spots are seen inside the mouth and tongue accompanied by a sore throat and difficulty in swallowing the food.
- Yeast infection of the genitals can occur in both men and women. However, women are more affected by it.
- It causes vaginal irritation, redness, itching and thick white discharge accompanied by pain in the surrounding area and during intercourse.
- Yeast infection can also affect the skin, especially for people who are living in hot and humid climate. This generally happens in between the skin folds with flashy red rashes along with pain and itching.
How Is ACV Effective In Curing Yeast Infection?
1. The ACV contains natural antibiotic properties that aid in fighting bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
2. Being acidic in nature, apple cider vinegar helps in balancing the pH level of the vagina and removes that occurrence of yeast infection. It is seen that yeast doesn't survive at a lower pH level.
3. Besides, ACV multiplies the good bacteria in the vagina and intestinal tract that eradicates the presence of yeast from the area.
4. ACV contains natural protein and enzymes, and when it is consumed orally, the nutrients reach the body to boost up your immune system and prevent yeast infection.
5. Apart from curing yeast infection, ACV also helps in lowering the blood sugar level and controls the growth of fungi (mostly seen in case of diabetic patients).
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Yeast Infection
In order to cure yeast infection in the body, apple cider vinegar is either consumed orally or used topically. Given below are some of the methods of using ACV.
Method 1: Drinking
In a glass of warm water, add 1-2 tablespoons of ACV, mix well and drink this mixture twice to thrice in a day to cure yeast infection. Avoid adding sugar or honey to the mixture, as it can induce the growth of fungus.
Have this drink before your lunch and dinner. Its best usage is if it is consumed on an empty stomach. Have only organic ACV and for better yeast prevention, add 1 tablespoon of ACV in your fruit juice, vegetable soup, or even tea.
Method 2: Soaking
In a bowl, take 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and soak a cotton pad or clean cotton cloth in it. Now, apply the soaked cloth to the affected area. Remember the acid level of the vinegar should only be 5%.
If there is a severe yeast infection, applying the vinegar can cause irritation and burning. Under such circumstances, use diluted ACV. You can mix equal amount of water and vinegar in a bowl and soak a cloth and apply on the affected area.
Rest the mixture on the affected area for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. Repeat this method regularly to get an effective result in treating yeast infection.
Method 3: ACV And Tea Tree Oil
Another method of treating yeast infection is by adding 3-4 cups of apple cider vinegar with ½ a teaspoon of tea tree oil in your bathing water. Bathing with this water will prevent the growth of yeast and cure the existing ones. Besides, the presence of tea tree oil will prevent the growth of fungus due to its antimicrobial properties.
Method 4: Douche
This method is effective in curing vaginitis and in balancing the pH level of the vagina. For this method, in a bowl, add 1 cup of water with 3 tablespoons of ACV. Mix it well and use on the vaginal area. This method will reduce the vaginal irritation and white discharge. In case of severe yeast infection, apply the douche method at least twice a day regularly. But before using it, consult a doctor to know the amount of vinegar suitable for your body.
Method 5: Diet
Consume apple cider vinegar in your regular diet to prevent the growth of yeast and fungi and treat the earlier infections. ACV has been used in many ways for cooking and food preservation. Add ACV in fruit juice, soup, or in your pickles. You can even use it as a salad dressing or sprinkle it on baked potatoes and have it regularly.
Method 6: Supplement
Some of you may not like the sour taste of ACV in your food. So, now ACV is available in the market in the form of tonics, tablets, and capsules. Have this ACV supplement to prevent and cure yeast or bacterial infection and strengthen the immune system.
Method 7: ACV In Your Bath
In a container, add sufficient amount of warm water and 2 cups of vinegar. Mix it well and soak your vaginal area in the mixture for 10 minutes. You can even add apple cider vinegar to your bathing water for cleaning your body and curing the skin yeast infection. Use this method twice a day for better results.
Method 8: ACV Tampon
In a bowl of apple cider vinegar, dip the tampons and insert the soaked ACV tampons in your vagina. This will help in curing yeast infection on the exterior vaginal walls. Rest it for 10 minutes and wash thoroughly. Dry the area with a clean cloth to prevent any fungal growth. Repeat this process regularly for effective results.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural product; therefore, it causes no side effect on your skin and body. It is an effective method of treating yeast infection naturally.
Share This Article!
If you found this article useful, please share it so more people can read it.
- 10 Simple Home Remedies For Neck Pain
- 11 Home Remedies For Burning Sensation In The Stomach
- How To Shrink Large Pores Naturally
- 10 Best Home Remedies For Spring Allergies
- 11 Effective Home Remedies For Leg Pain
- 10 Home Remedies For Shin Splints
- 9 Ways On How To Reduce Thigh Size Fast At Home
- Top 11 Home Remedies For Neck Pain To Ease Pain Naturally
- Top 11 Indian Home Remedies For Insomnia
- 10 Natural Home Remedies For Heel Pain
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 10 Home Remedies To Prevent Dark Armpits
- 10 Foods That Reduce Excess Stomach Acid
- 9 Best Foods For Healthy Kidneys