- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Do you often suffer from acidity and often tired of having antacids? Well to start with, acidity occurs when there is excess secretion of acids in the gastric glands of the stomach.
It is caused due to the long gap between meals, empty stomach or excess intake of tea, alcohol or coffee.
Acidity can cause a burning sensation in the chest and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach that can steal your enthusiasm and put you down with great discomfort.
There are many causes that can lead to acidity, which involve eating spicy foods, fried foods, irregular eating patterns, alcoholism, stress, smoking, snacking close to bedtime, lying right after a meal, etc., are some of the few causes of acidity.
There are certain signs that will alert you when you are suffering from acidity such as bloating, heartburn, hiccups, burping, and regurgitation. You must be wanting to get a relief from acidity when it occurs to you. Read on to find out how to cure acidity permanently with these 10 home remedies.
Bananas are rich in potassium and contain natural antacids that can act as a buffer against acid reflux. This is one of the simplest home remedies to get rid of acidity. You can grab a banana and eat it every day to prevent acidity.
2. Tulsi Leaves
Tulsi leaves help in stimulating the stomach to produce more mucous. It has soothing and carminative property that reduces the effect of gastric acids.
- Chew 5-6 tulsi leaves when you suffer from acidity.
- Boil 3-4 tulsi leaves in water and drink it with honey.
Cinnamon is a remedy for most of the digestive problems, as it contains a natural antacid that can improve digestion and absorption.
- Add half a tsp of cinnamon powder to a cup of water and boil.
- Let it steep, drink it thrice a day.
- Chop up some of the leaves and them to a pot of boiling water.
- Wait for the water to cool down and drink it.
- Boil a few fennel seeds to half a cup of water.
- Let it steep and strain it. Drink this fennel tea to soothe you.
- Add a dash of black pepper to the buttermilk for instant results.
Buttermilk contains lactic acid that normalizes acidity in the stomach that brings instant relief from the burning sensation. The calcium present in buttermilk also helps prevent acid build-up in the stomach. Add a dash of black pepper to the buttermilk for instant results.
Cloves contain carminative properties preventing the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract. The cloves' pungent taste beats the symptoms of acidity.
- You can chew 2 cloves daily to prevent acidity.
8. Coconut Water
Coconut water helps produce mucous in the stomach, which protects the stomach from harmful effects of excessive acid production. Drinking coconut water will turn the body's pH acidic level alkaline.
9. Cold Milk
Cold milk can help stabilize gastric acids in the stomach. Milk is also rich in calcium that will prevent the acid build-up in the stomach. Drink a glass of milk the next time you suffer from acidity.
10. Elaichi Or Cardamom
Elaichi is effective in stimulating digestion and relieve stomach spasms. Eating elaichi will also help to soothe the stomach by warding off the effects of excess acid produced in the stomach.
- Crush 2 pods of cardamom and boil it in water.
- Drink the cooled juice for instant relief.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.
4. Pudina Leaves Or Mint Leaves
Pudina leaves help to slower the acid content and improve digestion in the stomach. The leaves also have a cooling effect, which helps reduce the pain and burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
5. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds prevent acidity and bring a relief instantly, especially when you chew these seeds after a meal. It keeps the digestive tract healthy and is very useful in treating indigestion and bloating because of the oils found in these seeds.
Buttermilk contains lactic acid that normalizes acidity in the stomach that brings instant relief from the burning sensation. The calcium present in buttermilk also helps prevent acid build-up in the stomach.