- 1 hr ago Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- 1 hr ago World Population Day 2020: Know About The History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 2 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Exudes Fresh And Lively Vibes In Her Beach-Perfect Breezy Outfits
- 3 hrs ago 7 Sure Ways To Decide Who You Can Trust
- Technology YouTube Kids App Now Available For Amazon Fire TV Users
- News COVID-19: How AAP government is defeating the pandemic in Delhi
- Sports Ravindra Jadeja gets emotional on anniversary of Team India's semi-final defeat against New Zealand in 2019 World Cup
- Movies Ravi Teja To Release Krack On OTT Platform?
- Automobiles MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
You wake up feeling quite alright in the morning, but when you go to the restroom to pass urine, you notice an unbearable pain in your genitals!
Well, the above-mentioned scenario could be experienced by many of us, as a symptom of a common ailment known as UTI (urinary tract infection).
Now, the human body is susceptible to a number of infections, which may or may not turn into something more serious, once they affect our body.
An infection can be described as a condition in which certain disease-causing agents enter the human body and multiply, giving rise to undesirable symptoms.
There are many types of infections which can affect different parts of the human body, both internally and externally.
While some infections are severe enough to even cause the death of a person, a few others are mild and can be treated with the right medications or sometimes go away on their own.
For example, gangrene is a type of infection which can be fatal to a person, while flu and UTIs can be easily treated.
The important thing is to be able to recognise an infection and get the required treatment as soon as possible to prevent it from spreading.
Now, urinary tract infection is a condition in which the urinary tract, the bladder, the kidneys or the urethra are infected by bacterial colonies, causing a lot of inflammation, pain and a burning sensation.
Some of the common symptoms of UTI include pain in the genitals, pain while urinating and pain during sexual intercourse, foul-smelling urine, frequent urination, vaginal irritation, etc.
UTI can affect both men and women; however, it is more common in women and in people above the age of 60.
There is an exceptional home remedy which can treat urinary tract infections naturally; have a look at how it is made, here.
- Curd - 1 small cup
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
This natural remedy to help treat and reduce urinary tract infections is easy to prepare and can be made in just about 5 minutes.
It has proven to work effectively, when used on a regular basis.
However, it is important to keep in mind that certain lifestyle changes must be made to prevent UTIs in the future and precautions must be taken to reduce the current infection.
Consuming a balanced diet, avoiding alcohol, urinating before and after sex, maintaining vaginal hygiene, etc., are some of the precautions to be taken to avoid and reduce UTIs.
Curd or yogurt is an excellent natural probiotic which can help in boosting the growth and production of healthy bacteria in your gut and genitals.
The healthy bacteria can fight the disease-causing agents which cause urinary tract infections.
Garlic comes with anti-bacterial properties which can kill the bad bacteria responsible for causing urinary tract infections. The anti-inflammatory properties of garlic can also ease the pain and itching caused by UTI.
Method Of Preparation:
- Crush the cloves of garlic and add the paste to the cup of curd.
- Stir well to form a mixture.
- Consume this mixture once every day, after a meal, when you have UTI.