- News 10 Reasons why the world should welcome Budget 2023, Jaishankar explains
- Movies Alia Bhatt Is A Stunner In A Chic Floral Knit Cardigan And Mini Skirt; See All PICS
- Sports Shubman Gill surpasses Virat Kohli to become India's highest individual scorer in T20Is
- Finance Buy 3 Oil & Gas, Metal Sector Stocks Including Maharatna Stock For Gains Up To 48%: ICICI Securities
- Automobiles Ather Rolls Out 100,000th EV From Production Line - Record-Breaking January Sales
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M14 5G Renders, Color Options Leaked: India Launch Imminent
- Education GATE 2023: Exam will be held on Feburary 4; Check Details Here
- Travel Amazing New Restaurants in Bangalore to visit this year
Everyone suffers from allergies at one point or the other in their lives. Allergies are over-reactions of the immune system in certain people to seemingly and generally harmless foreign proteins and substances.
Allergies occur when a person is exposed to an allergen for the first time. The body develops molecules called antibodies against the invading proteins, which is called an immune response.
When you are exposed to the allergen again, the immune system produces large amounts of antibodies that lead to the breakdown of mast cells, which contain chemicals like histamine. This leads to allergies in the human bodies.
There are various kinds of symptoms that you will notice in the body when you are suffering from an allergy. Symptoms of allergy include sneezing, shortness of breath, wheezing, runny eyes and nose, sinus pain, coughing, skin rashes, swelling of the lips, itching of the eyes, ears, lips, and other parts of the body.
There are many types of allergies that one could be affected with. Some of the allergies are seasonal and others can occur all year-round. Therefore, it is important to take care of yourself when you are suffering from an allergy.
So, read on to know more about the 11 types of allergies in humans.
1. Seasonal Allergy
Due to the change in season and effects of global warming, people are suffering with seasonal allergies.The erratic changes in weather may bring about bodily changes in people, causing flu-like symptoms and respiratory ailments.
2. Pollen Allergy
Some plants like grasses, ragweed and oak trees make a fine powder called pollen that is light enough to travel through the air. Due to this, some people suffer with pollen allergy, as they are allergic to tree pollen.
3. Food Allergy
Some people are allergic to certain types of foods like eggs, milk, eggplant, potatoes, kiwi, peanuts, fish, seafood, wheat, and soy. Certain seeds, including sesame and mustard seeds, cause allergic reactions in the body.
4. Antibiotics Allergy
Many antibiotics contain certain chemicals like penicillin and amoxicillin, which cause allergy in many people. The symptoms of antibiotic allergy include hives, fever, and rashes.
5. Poison Ivy Allergy
Poison ivy is a type of a plant, which causes allergy in many people. If anyone touches the plant, rashes and inflammation occur in the body, which makes it difficult for the person to bear it.
6. Dust Allergy
Due to pollution outside, people often suffer with dust allergy. Even at home, dusting of furniture and beds can cause allergic reactions in the body and lead to skin and respiratory ailments.
7. Skin Allergy
Skin allergies like eczema, contact dermatitis, and atopic dermatitis are some of the common allergies that can occur during the winter season. If you come in contact with the allergens, you will find yourself itching and with redness on the skin in certain areas.
8. Cat Allergy
People with cat allergies are really allergic to proteins in the cat's urine, saliva, and dander (dried flakes of skin). Symptoms of cat allergies include coughing, wheezing, red, itchy eyes, hives or a rash.
9. Sulphite Allergy
If you are sensitive to the sulphite chemical, avoid it. This chemical is found in some foods - that is either in processed foods or natural foods. Certain foods that contain sulphites are baked goods, soup mixes, canned vegetables, pickled foods, dried fruits, etc.
10. Allergic Shiners
Allergic shiners is one of the type of allergies that occurs during the winter season which can increase the flow of blood near the sinuses. The symptoms are dark circles under the eyes.
11. Insect Sting Allergy
There are insects that sting you and the pain can last for about 2 hours or so but to certain people, the sting hurts them so badly that lumps develop on the skin. Insects have poisonous saliva and certain chemicals that most people are allergic to. The symptoms can include hives, difficulty in breathing, etc.
Share this article!
If you like reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- wellnessWhy Do We Always Get Cold Or Flu In Cold Weather?
- wellnessNational Eczema Week 2021: What Clothing Triggers Eczema Flare-ups?
- disorders curePeople With These Medical Conditions Should Avoid Eating Papaya
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Onion Juice: Weight Loss, Fertility, Diabetes And Many More
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About Wine Allergy
- pregnancy parentingTop 7 Home Remedies For Itchy Nipples
- basicsWhy Are My Nipples Itchy? Top 7 Reasons
- wellnessHolding In A Sneeze Can Be Dangerous
- disorders cureWhat Is Christmas Tree Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- disorders curePenile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- wellnessWinter Allergies: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment And How To Prevent Them
- wellness18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma Symptoms