- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Up To 40% Off On Premium Smartphones
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- News Kerala did a disastrous thing by electing Rahul Gandhi: Ramachandra Guha
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Frequent cough, wheezing, increased breathlessness accompanied by tightness in the chest are a few of the major symptoms of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). If you have any of these symptoms, you need to get it checked immediately.
COPD is basically a lung disease that affects the airflow and causes difficulty in breathing. If left untreated, it might lead to other serious health problems like severe lung damage, hypertension and heart problems as well. Hence, getting the correct treatment at the right time is very important.
Also Read: Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts
So what causes COPD?
Inhaling pollutants, with the most common being cigarettes, followed by dust, fumes and chemical pollutants found in the environment are the major factors that cause COPD. In certain cases it is also caused due to genetic factors.
Also Read: Causes Of Breathlessness
If you are looking out for a way to control the symptoms and prevent the lung from further damage, then simple changes in lifestyle and natural remedies would certainly help.
Here is a list of a few of the simple ways to treat the symptoms of COPD. Take a look.
1. Quit Smoking:
The harmful toxins and chemicals from smoking cigarettes further aggravates the lung irritation. Hence, quitting smoking is one of the best ways to treat COPD.
2. Increase Water Intake:
It is important to drink lots of water and other fluids as this helps in hydrating the body as well as thinning the mucus and thus provide ease in breathing.
3. A Healthy Diet:
A healthy diet is highly essential to control COPD symptoms. Consuming low-fat protein, whole grains, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and cutting down on salt intake helps.
A simple light exercise comprising of a brisk walk and breathing exercises helps in improving the respiratory muscles and symptoms of COPD.
5. Avoid Crowded Places:
Avoid going to places that are highly crowded, especially the industrial areas as they are filled with smoke and dust. This will further affect the lungs.
6. Eucalyptus Oil:
Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water and then inhale the steam. This helps in improving the breathing and reduces the COPD symptoms.
7. Intake Of Vitamin D:
Those suffering from COPD lack in vitamin D which is one of the most important nutrients that helps in fighting against the bacteria and viruses. Increasing the intake of foods containing vitamin D like eggs and fatty fish and also exposure to the sun helps.
8. Reduce Stress:
Look out for ways to reduce the stress level. Stress is one of the major contributors for COPD. When the mind is relaxed, it eases the breathing process as well.