- News Twitter Files Part-II: Select users put on secret blacklist for being ‘right-wingers’
- Sports Karnataka all set to host National Roller Sports Championship 2022
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds' Inflow Drops 76 Pc, To Rs 2,258 Cr In Nov
- Travel Pro Tips To Save More On A Winter Vacation Nobody Knows
- Automobiles Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato Launched at Rs 4.61 Crore - Lunatic Limited Run Goodbye
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: MC Stan To Walk Out Of Salman Khan’s Show?
- Education JKBOSE Result 2022: JKBOSE 12th Result Announced; Check Details Here
- Technology SpaceX DearMoon Civilian Moon Trip To Ferry These Eight Global Artists
Chikungunya is basically a viral infection which is transmitted by mosquitoes. There is no vaccination or treatment available yet to cure this disease.
The treatment of chikungunya focusses on improving or alleviating the symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms of chikungunya include joint pain, high fever, nausea, headache, constipation, back pain, abdominal pain, skin rashes and sore throat.
It is very important to recognise the symptoms of chikungunya, and then treat them, to cure the disease completely. You should also know about what are the problems that you can face if you are suffering from chikungunya.
A plethora of tests and experiments are still going on to find out the right kind of treatment for this disease. Generally, doctors suggest a combination of fever-reducing medicines and some NSAIDs (or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), in order to cure the symptoms of the disease.
Also, following are some of the top home remedies for chikungunya joint pain, have a look.
Grind some ice, take a small towel, put the ice on the towel and wrap it nicely. Compress and hold it on your joints for some time. Cold compression is one of the most effective remedies for chikungunya joint pain, as it helps to reduce your pain and inflammation.
One of the best home remedies to cure chikungunya joint pain is stew peppers. They abound with capsaicin and also help in curing chikungunya. Capsaicin is again loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, and hence they help to reduce your swelling due to chikungunya.
Leafy greens are loaded with iron and Vitamin E, which are vital for joint pain and inflammation. Vitamin E has antioxidant properties and it also aids in getting rid of the cytokines from your system. Thus, leafy greens prove to be one of the best remedies for chikungunya joint pain. Make sure to include more leafy greens in your daily diet.
Vitamin C-rich Fruits
Vitamin C is rich in antioxidant properties and hence it acts as an ideal nourishment between infections and anaphylaxis. Vitamin C also helps to flush out the toxins from your body. Hence, make sure you include more of vitamin C-rich fruits in your diet to help heal pain and inflammation.
One of the most beneficial remedies for chikungunya joint pain is to do aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises include some stretching exercises and a few slow movements that have a very low impact yet they help you to alleviate your pain. This method of workout doesn't involve any heavy weights or harsh movements.
Turmeric works wonders for chikungunya and is one of the most easily available home remedies to cure chikungunya joint pain. Turmeric abounds with curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant and also has the anti-inflammatory properties which helps to ease the chikungunya symptoms.
Another miraculous home remedy to combat chikungunya is garlic, which is readily available in almost every kitchen. Its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory attributes help to improve your immune system and soothes your pain. Munch some cloves of garlic in early morning daily and see the difference.
Ginger is also effective in curing the swelling due to chikungunya. Ginger contains analgesics which act like the anti-inflammatory medicines. However, the analgesics found in ginger have almost no or lesser side effects as compared to the anti-inflammatory pills. Ginger is one of the most effective remedies for chikungunya joint pain and inflammation.
Massage is one of the most helpful remedies for chikungunya joint pain. Just massage your middle fingers to ease the joint pain in your legs and similarly in order to alleviate the joint pain in your arms you should massage your outer 2 fingers.
- festivalsVivah Panchami 2022: Marriage Remedies To Follow, Mantras To Chant On This Day
- festivalsDiwali 2022: Traditional Wealth Remedies To Attain Prosperity
- remediesRemedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- festivalsSawan Month 2022 Upay: Do These Remedies To Bring Happiness And Prosperity In Life
- zodiac signsAkshaya Tritiya Remedies 2022: Astrological Measures Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- basics10 Foods That Cause Heartburn During Pregnancy
- hair careHair Hacks To Bring Life Back To Your Dry Tresses
- skin careThe Best Ways To Manage An Oily T-Zone
- hair careHow To Deal With Monsoon Hair Problems That We Are All Too Familiar With
- make up tipsHere’s What You Can Do To Prevent Thinning Eyelashes
- body care7 Effective Tips To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Naturally
- skin careHow To Deal With Period Acne: An Exhaustive List Of Solutions