- 3 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 4 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 5 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- News US: Shooting near a Los Angeles school, several injured
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Siddharth Shukla & Asim Riaz Fight; Bigg Boss To Punish Housemates For Falling Asleep
- Sports FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: India vs Afghanistan: Super-sub Doungel helps Blue Tigers earn point in Dushanbe
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
What is sleep paralysis? Well, it is a condition in which a person may not be able to move during sleep. But the person may feel awake and helpless while unable to move.
This condition may cause panic as the person may get scared and clueless about the reason for the motionless state.
This is not considered as a serious condition and it may occur very rarely.
What causes sleep paralysis? Well, there are several reasons for this condition out of which lack of enough sleep is the primary cause.
The main reason behind this condition is irregularity in the sleep cycles or sleep phases. The most scary part is that the person feels wakeful and helpless as the transition between the sleep and wakeful state gets disturbed.
One of the important causes of sleep paralysis is found out to be sleep deprivation. Those who suffer from insomnia may fall prey to this kind of a condition.
Some of the symptoms of this condition include motionless state, terror, sensation of smell-sound and scary feelings.
People working during the nights may lack sufficient sleep during the day. Their sleep patterns may suffer severely and that is why sleep paralysis is commonly seen in them.
Research suggests that genetic factors can also be one of the sleep paralysis causes. So, if any of your ancestors suffered from this disorder, you may be at risk of experiencing this condition.
Several studies indicate that sleep paralysis occurs mainly during teenage. It may occur only in some people and only once or twice. Rarely it becomes a chronic condition.
Most of the people who are suffering from narcolepsy are more likely to suffer from sleep paralysis.