- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- 6 hrs ago Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- 8 hrs ago Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 8 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 31 May To 6 June
- News Delhi govt seeks Rs 5,000 crore from Centre to pay employees' salaries: Sisodia
- Sports Former Supreme Court judge to hear Umar Akmal's appeal against three-year ban
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Recent studies show that a majority of cancer-related deaths are linked to lifestyle choices like smoking, drinking, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy diet. If you have been following some of these habits, it is time to step up and change the way you look at life.
It is not necessary that you should go to the gym to be healthy or give up the foods you like to balance your BMI. If you balance your lifestyle with healthier habits, there is every possibility for you to prevent fatal diseases.
A recent study also showed that 90 percent of people who ignored their health and depended on bad habits fueled a cancerous growth within the system. Though the exact reason for cancer is not found, it is rightly believed that our bad lifestyle is one of the main causes.
Research shows, to prevent cancer, one should turn to healthy foods like fibre, proteins and nutrients as these three boost the immunity, helping to keep the deadly virus at bay. Adding an hour of exercise to your daily routine, makes a difference as well.
On the other hand, having a stress-free and positive mind will make you feel healthier lifelong. So, here are some of the best food habits you should follow to prevent any type of cancer. Take a look:
Add Fibre To Your Diet
Fibre-rich foods are important to add to your daily diet as it helps flush out harmful toxins from the gut. Foods like brown rice, whole grain bread and certain fruits like banana help keep the digestive system clean and healthy.
The Power Of Leafy Greens
Leafy green vegetables provide you with a boost of energy. Kale, spinach and collard greens should be added to your weekly diet as it aids in building your immunity and removing any infection in your body which might cause cancer.
Pick Out The Right Fats
Both saturated and trans fats are bad for you to consume. It is advisable to follow good food habits to prevent cancer, which is why omega 3 fatty acids and non-saturated fats are ideally the best. Omega 3 fats are present in fish while non-saturated fats are found in almonds and walnuts.
Water Helps You Survive
Did you know that water also protects you from cancer? Along with this, water helps boost your immunity and flushes toxins from the body, helping to keep you healthy.
Healthy Cooking Habits
Following good food habits can prevent cancer. On the other hand, following healthy cooking habits too is important. Boil your vegetables instead of frying and sautéing them. Use only microwave friendly dishes while heating your food to prevent the plastic material interaction with food.
Do You Preserve Nutrients
It is important to preserve the nutrients in your foods when cooking. Steaming your vegetables with a little water is healthier than cooking it completely. Consume raw vegetables too as it is one of the other good food habits to prevent cancer.
Ditch The Red Meat
It is said that vegetarians are 50 percent likely not to develop cancer when compared to non-vegetarians. This is because red meats have no source of proteins, antioxidants and fibre to help prevent you from the disease. So, it is important to follow good habits to prevent cancer.
Processed Foods Are A Strict No!
Processed foods aren't healthy for you to consume. The artificial properties present in these foods will invade your gut with toxins causing cancer.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans