- 44 min ago Kubbra Sait And Deepika Padukone Can Give You Cues On How To Look Cool And Ace The Street-Style Look
- 3 hrs ago Expert Article: The Indian Perception On Cosmetic Surgery
- 4 hrs ago Your Denim Edit Ft. Nushrratt Bharuccha And Sara Ali Khan
- 5 hrs ago What Is Hidden Depression? Symptoms, Risks And How To Recognize It In A Person
- News Muslim marriage is a contract and not sacrament unlike a Hindu marriage: HC
- Movies Angelina Jolie's Daughter Zahara Stuns In Mom's Vintage Oscar Dress At Eternals LA Premiere
- Technology Oppo K9s With Snapdragon 778G, 120Hz Display Launched; India Price, Availability
- Education Kerala SET January 2022 Registration Opens. Check KSET Exam Date, Admit Card And Eligibility Details Here
- Finance These 3 Small Finance Banks Offering Interest On FD Up To 7.25%, Long Term And Short Term Comparison, Risks
- Sports James Pattinson, the Australian fast bowler, retires from cricket at 31
- Automobiles Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
What is PCOS?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a disorder that is faced by women who are in their reproductive age. This means the age duration where a woman is having a healthy and active menstruation cycle. PCOS occurs when there is an imbalance in the sex hormones of a woman. Change in hormonal levels directly affect the menstrual cycle of a woman. This condition leads to formation of small cysts in the ovaries.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome makes it difficult to conceive. Small breast size, weight gain or obesity, excessive hair growth in the body are few health problems of women who suffer from ovarian cyst.
PCOS is not a new word for women now. Commonly known as cysts, this disorder in women was only possible after the age of 25. But, these days even young women in their 20 are suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Why young women are suffering from PCOS?
Unhealthy diet: Green vegetables and fresh fruits are no more a criteria for a majority of women. Binging on fast food such as burgers and pizzas will not help in the long run. You might satisfy your hunger and taste buds by having these heavenly dishes. But, they are not healthy for your body. Diabetes is also one of the causes behind PCOS. Be careful before eating sweets. Also check the family history to know if someone is diabetic or not.
Lack of physical activities: The present lifestyle of majority of women doesn't include physical activities. This is common for both working women and housewives. Walking to office or sweeping and moping are not enough. Women should get involved in some physical activities to increase the blood flow in the body. Exercise helps maintain the menstrual cycle and flushes out toxins and impure blood easily.
Lifestyle: Work or peer pressure can affect your health. Young women are also loaded with stress and pressure these days. Teens have school or college problems due to which they skip meals and when they eat, they hog on wrong and unhealthy foods. Late night parties, drinking, smoking and lack of proper sleep also affect the health of teens. One of the common reasons behind young women who are suffering from PCOS.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is curable. By balancing the hormonal levels, PCOS can be treated. To prevent PCOS, young women especially teens should be highly involved in sports and other physical activities. Have a healthy diet that includes nutritious foods.