- 9 hrs ago How To Prevent Oily Eyelids From Ruining Your Make-up
- 9 hrs ago What Causes Chest Pain During Pregnancy And How To Treat It?
- 10 hrs ago Is Homemade Baby Food Safe? A Guide To Make Baby Food At Home
- 11 hrs ago Aamna Sharif In Colourful Crop Top-Skirt And Floral Printed Crop Top-Skirt, Which One Is Prettier?
- Movies Halloween 2020: Ratched, The Conjuring Series & More Titles To Binge Watch This Spooky Season
- Sports Oleksandr Usyk v Dereck Chisora: Contrasting styles should provide Halloween fireworks
- News Sky gazers set to witness Blue Moon today: All you need to know
- Technology Honor 10x Lite Officially Unveiled: What Are The Highlights?
- Finance RIL Q2FY21 Profit At Rs. 9567 Crore; Drops 15% YoY
- Automobiles 2021 Triumph Trident 660 Roadster Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- Travel 10 Best Places In Bangalore To Dine Out With Your Beloved This Karva Chauth
- Education DDU Entrance Exam Result 2020 Declared For UG & PG Admission 2020-21
What is PCOS?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a disorder that is faced by women who are in their reproductive age. This means the age duration where a woman is having a healthy and active menstruation cycle. PCOS occurs when there is an imbalance in the sex hormones of a woman. Change in hormonal levels directly affect the menstrual cycle of a woman. This condition leads to formation of small cysts in the ovaries.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome makes it difficult to conceive. Small breast size, weight gain or obesity, excessive hair growth in the body are few health problems of women who suffer from ovarian cyst.
PCOS is not a new word for women now. Commonly known as cysts, this disorder in women was only possible after the age of 25. But, these days even young women in their 20 are suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Why young women are suffering from PCOS?
Unhealthy diet: Green vegetables and fresh fruits are no more a criteria for a majority of women. Binging on fast food such as burgers and pizzas will not help in the long run. You might satisfy your hunger and taste buds by having these heavenly dishes. But, they are not healthy for your body. Diabetes is also one of the causes behind PCOS. Be careful before eating sweets. Also check the family history to know if someone is diabetic or not.
Lack of physical activities: The present lifestyle of majority of women doesn't include physical activities. This is common for both working women and housewives. Walking to office or sweeping and moping are not enough. Women should get involved in some physical activities to increase the blood flow in the body. Exercise helps maintain the menstrual cycle and flushes out toxins and impure blood easily.
Lifestyle: Work or peer pressure can affect your health. Young women are also loaded with stress and pressure these days. Teens have school or college problems due to which they skip meals and when they eat, they hog on wrong and unhealthy foods. Late night parties, drinking, smoking and lack of proper sleep also affect the health of teens. One of the common reasons behind young women who are suffering from PCOS.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is curable. By balancing the hormonal levels, PCOS can be treated. To prevent PCOS, young women especially teens should be highly involved in sports and other physical activities. Have a healthy diet that includes nutritious foods.