- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago How To Prepare Green And Healthy Moringa Smoothie Recipe
- 13 hrs ago Valentine’s Day: Effects Of A Breakup On Your Body
- 14 hrs ago Valentine's Day: What Does Your Zodiac Sign Say About Your Valentine's Day
- News The plan by radical Islamists to usurp Hindu rights in Bengal and drive them away from Bangladesh
- Education Tips to Enhance your Technical Writing Skills
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Sumbul Touqeer Khan, Shiv Thakare or MC Stan; THIS Contestant To Get EVICTED Tomorrow Says Poll
- Sports IPL 2023: Fans can change Camera Angles in IPL Matches from This Year
- Finance This Large cap Tata Group Stock Can Soar 21%, "Buy" Says Prabhudas Lilladher
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Series India Pricing, Launch Offers Revealed
- Automobiles Kawasaki ZX-4R Unveiled – Sports High-Revving 4-Cylinder Engine
- Travel Ultimate Ancient Landmarks to Add to Your Bucket List
Yes, you can. Alcohol is not banned in people with Diabetes; you should know the rule of thumbs. A little alcohol is pleasant, a lot is not regardless of Diabetes and can damage the body badly. Remember “Hypo" (low blood sugar) can occur with alcohol and you should not skip meal after a drink with the fear of calorie in the drink. Not only that, sometimes Hypo can look like being drunk.
You need to know the medically allowed limit of alcohol. A small measure of Whiskey, Rum, Vodka or Gin, a small glass of Beer or Wine is measured as one unit. The limit for men is 21 units and for women 14 units a week. It is better to space that rather than taking weekly quota on a day! Sweet wine or Sherry should be avoided as they have very high sugar content.
Most of the time we do not realize what we are eating with a drink. Taking fatty or high calorie snack like paneer or pakoda with a drink will increase your total calorie intake for the meal. So better try some salad like cucumber, tomato or onion with your drink. A small measure of potato chips may make you happier.
As otherwise, it is better not to get drunk. There can be several health hazards. For example, if you forget your meal you may have a hypo. More so, your hypo may be difficult or almost impossible to diagnose if you are drunk, as both may look the same. Your hypo may be missed as being drunk and your friends may not realise that you need something to eat to correct the hypo. On top of these, you may get hurt or injure others while driving.
What about smoking?
Smoking makes your insulin less active, so should be stopped or minimised to the least. Otherwise also smoking is bad for heart and lungs. Also, as you will know smoking can cause cancer in different organs.
- wellnessJust One Alcoholic Drink A Day Ups Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- wellnessCold Weather, Fewer Sun Hours Increase Alcoholic Cirrhosis
- disorders cure9 Health Risks Of Drinking Alcohol
- pulseFunny Things People Do After Drinking
- diet fitnessDiet Which Helps Quit Alcohol
- marriage and beyondHow To Deal With An Alcoholic Wife?
- marriage and beyondHow To Deal With An Alcoholic Husband?
- disorders cureAre You Suffering From Diabetes?
- wellnessLose Weight With A Glass Of Beer
- insyncLindsay Lohan In Two Piece For Mag, Inspired By 'Castaway'
- kidsPay Close Attention To Your Children
- pulseSecrets About British Men