- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Lalita Sahasranama: Immeasurable Benefits Of Chanting It
- 13 hrs ago Parenting Tips: Newborn Sleeping Habits Every Parent Must Know
- 13 hrs ago Paramahansa Yogananda: Priceless Quotes To Be Treasured And Remembered
- Finance Capital Gains 'Tax' Should Be Rationalised; Need Simpler ITR Form For Disclosing Such Income: Experts
- Movies Will Smack Her Face: Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia Vs Archana Gautam! Bigg Boss 16 Fans Guess Reason Behind FIGHT
- Sports Hockey World Cup 2023: Netherlands beat Australia 3-1 to secure bronze medal
- News Hindenburg report attack on India: Adani Group's 413-page reply
- Travel Origin: The Saga of Veerashaiva & Lingayat Mutts in India
- Education TANCET, CEETA 2023 registration will start from Feburary 1; Know How to Apply
- Automobiles Bid For Mahindra XUV400 One Special Edition Crosses 1 Crore Mark – Checkout All Details
- Technology Jio True 5G Reaches Northeast India; Now Live In 191 Cities In India
The correct walking technique can improve your health, fitness, and attitude. It can help you walk faster and more smoothly. The wrong technique can lead to wasted effort or even injuries.
Yes, yes, there is a right way to walk too - just like there's a right and wrong for everything. But worry not, we are here to you help you with common walking mistakes to avoid.
Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
1. Ignoring warm-up
You should stretch your muscles before you begin walking as well as cool your body down afterwards. Even though walking is not an intense exercise, it is still advisable to stretch your muscles before you begin walking.
2. Choose the right footwear
Choose the right pair of shoes that support your feet well. You may even injure your feet if you wear tight and uncomfortable shoes while walking. Choose a shoe with a well-padded heel that is light, breathable, and water-resistant. Runners and walk-specific models may be suitable.
3. Choose comfortable clothes
You should wear loose, comfortable, and breathable clothing so you are able to move freely without getting wet from sweat or humidity. Clothing that is too tight and heavy could adversely affect your walking experience.
You can remove thin layers as you get warmer and add them back when it gets cold. Taking rain gear if the weather looks uncertain, as well as hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect you from the sun, is important.
4. Not paying attention to the strides
You should not attempt to lengthen your strides. Instead, walk normally, as any type of tweaking may result in an injury to your knees or toes, depending on which part of your body is being strained.
5. Keeping your arms stiff
When walking, experts recommend that you swing your arms rhythmically back and forth. Keeping your arms at your sides while walking, or swinging them without bending them, is a walking mistake. If you bend your arms and let them swing naturally forward and back as you walk, you can increase your speed and power.
6. Taking on too much
If you are overly enthusiastic, you may experience soreness. Listen to your body and gradually increase the intensity and duration rather than trying to walk for miles in one day.
7. Neglecting posture
A proper form of walking is necessary. For example, you must maintain a straight back instead of bending and you must raise your head instead of bending it. If you ignore these techniques, your workout may be ineffective.
8. Talking while walking
When walking, it is best to refrain from conversing with your friends. Walking quietly and mindfully will be more refreshing.
9. Don't be in a rut
There is evidence that walking on different terrains provides greater health benefits than walking only on a treadmill. Therefore, it is important to walk from time to time on different terrains.
10. Choosing the wrong drink
If you were to drink soda on your walk, you would likely have too much sugar and more calories than you desire. If you are only going for moderate walks, you probably do not need extra electrolytes. Water is the best beverage to drink while walking.
Hope these help you in your next walk!
- diet fitnessCan A 5-Minute Walk Reduce The Effects Of Prolonged Sitting?
- wellness4 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Walk Barefoot At Home, Especially Women Over 50
- wellness10 Health Benefits Of Beginning Your Day With A Walk
- diabetesBest Exercises For People With Diabetes
- kidsHow To Deal With In-Toeing And Out-Toeing In Children
- wellness16 Surprising Health Benefits Of Walking Daily
- diet fitnessSimple Tips To Walk More To Lose Weight Without Even Trying!
- wellnessSitting & Watching Television For Long Can Cause This Problem
- wellnessUsing Marijuna Can Affect The Way You Walk – Finds Study
- diet fitnessTips For Women Who Want To Lose Weight After 40
- wellnessReason Why You Should Stop Drinking Soda & Opt for Stairs At Work
- diet fitness7 Tips To Lose Weight Without Going to The Gym!