- 1 min ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 19 min ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 44 min ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- 1 hr ago Vasant Panchami 2020: How To Worship Goddess Saraswati According To Your Zodiac Sign
- Technology Motorola G8 Renders Surface Online: Punch-Hole Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Tipped
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Odisha FC vs FC Goa: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Movies Vijay To Team Up With THIS Director For His Next?
- News Stick to old format of NPR, do not add new questions: Nitish Kumar tells Centre
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Generally, when we think of supplements, only expensive products come to our minds. But yes, even baking soda can also be used as a supplement.
In order to reach your fitness targets, you may need to have the physical resources and stamina. Sometimes, fatigue could hamper your journey towards your fitness goals.
Also Read: Why Running On Beach Is Healthy
That is the point where baking soda can rescue you. Here are some facts that will help you understand how baking soda can help.
Baking Soda? What Is It?
Chemically, baking soda is nothing but sodium bicarbonate. In every kitchen, baking soda is used. Some people use it in recipes whereas some use it for cleaning purposes.
What's Its Nature?
Baking soda is alkaline in nature. It can work well by restoring the pH balance in your body. It basically neutralises the acid levels in the body.
Also Read: 15 Reasons To Start Running
How Does It Help?
When you get into any intense physical activity, your body breaks all the carbohydrates and converts them into energy. During that process, lactic acid (a by-product) gets accumulated in the blood.
Lactic acid could cause fatigue. It can also lead to a dangerous condition known as lactic acidosis. Baking soda can prevent that!
Soda As A Supplement
Yes, many athletes use baking soda like a supplement. Baking soda can neutralise the accumulated lactic acid. This postpones fatigue. That is why athletes will be able to boost their performance.
Also Read: How To Protect Your Knees While Running?
What Athletes Do?
Some athletes mix baking soda in lemon water and drink it before a race to boost their endurance and performance.
What Else Can Baking Soda Do?
It can soothe digestion, treat heartburn, whiten your teeth and also work like a deodorant that curbs the body odour when used externally.
You can start with 0.1 gram of baking soda per every kilo of your body weight. Suppose your weight is 70 kilos, you can take 7 grams of baking soda a day.
Also Read: The Dangers Of Overtraining
You can consume it at least a couple of hours before the strenuous physical activity. Take it along with a food that contains carbs.
Consult a doctor before you use baking soda. In some people, baking soda could cause gastrointestinal issues, muscle spasms, irregular heart beat etc. Pregnant women should stay away from baking soda.