- 6 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 19 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 49 min ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- 1 hr ago UK Lesbian Couple Becomes The First To Carry Their Child In Both Their Wombs
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019: BJP retains majority after winning 6 seats
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Sports Rishabh Pant gets backing from Brian Lara, Kevin Pietersen
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Movies Ranveer Singh Kisses Shahid Kapoor On The Cheek And Shuts Down Rumours Of Cold War!
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Generally, when we think of supplements, only expensive products come to our minds. But yes, even baking soda can also be used as a supplement.
In order to reach your fitness targets, you may need to have the physical resources and stamina. Sometimes, fatigue could hamper your journey towards your fitness goals.
Also Read: Why Running On Beach Is Healthy
That is the point where baking soda can rescue you. Here are some facts that will help you understand how baking soda can help.
Baking Soda? What Is It?
Chemically, baking soda is nothing but sodium bicarbonate. In every kitchen, baking soda is used. Some people use it in recipes whereas some use it for cleaning purposes.
What's Its Nature?
Baking soda is alkaline in nature. It can work well by restoring the pH balance in your body. It basically neutralises the acid levels in the body.
Also Read: 15 Reasons To Start Running
How Does It Help?
When you get into any intense physical activity, your body breaks all the carbohydrates and converts them into energy. During that process, lactic acid (a by-product) gets accumulated in the blood.
Lactic acid could cause fatigue. It can also lead to a dangerous condition known as lactic acidosis. Baking soda can prevent that!
Soda As A Supplement
Yes, many athletes use baking soda like a supplement. Baking soda can neutralise the accumulated lactic acid. This postpones fatigue. That is why athletes will be able to boost their performance.
Also Read: How To Protect Your Knees While Running?
What Athletes Do?
Some athletes mix baking soda in lemon water and drink it before a race to boost their endurance and performance.
What Else Can Baking Soda Do?
It can soothe digestion, treat heartburn, whiten your teeth and also work like a deodorant that curbs the body odour when used externally.
You can start with 0.1 gram of baking soda per every kilo of your body weight. Suppose your weight is 70 kilos, you can take 7 grams of baking soda a day.
Also Read: The Dangers Of Overtraining
You can consume it at least a couple of hours before the strenuous physical activity. Take it along with a food that contains carbs.
Consult a doctor before you use baking soda. In some people, baking soda could cause gastrointestinal issues, muscle spasms, irregular heart beat etc. Pregnant women should stay away from baking soda.