A famous writer once wrote, "You are what you eat". It is hence important that you keep a close watch on the foods that you consume right from the time you wake up to when you finally decide to rest your body.
Breakfast is often referred to as the most important meal of the day but what can you have before that? Did you know that there are a few foods that you could consume first thing in the morning to shed some extra kilos?
Also Read: Weight Loss Tips That You Should Not Follow
Besides the regular lemon detox, there are some interesting yet mouth-watering delicacies to savour right when you get up without worrying about the weight that you may gain.
The best feature of these food items is that you don't have to spend hours in your kitchen. They are simple, can be quickly prepared and they efficiently keep you away from those unwanted fats. They boost the metabolism and also give the body the required nutrients.
Read through the following and try them out for yourself. Below are the things that you can eat first thing in the morning to lose weight.
1. Fenugreek Seeds:
Also known as methi in India, these seeds have magical power in them. Popularly known for their medicinal properties for diabetic patients, these also help in losing weight and in the overall digestion process.
- Just soak 2-3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water, strain it and drink the water first thing in the morning to experience its effects.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
There is no losing weight without proper detoxification and if cleansing the body is what you need then you need to make sure that your apple cider vinegar has a place for itself in your kitchen.
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a glass of water. Drink it first thing in the morning. You can drink the same three times a day to see better results.
3. A Small Bowl of Sprouts:
Rich in vitamin C and K, sprouted peas, sprouted lentils and sprouted chickpeas can be eaten raw and besides helping the body fight blood pressure and varieties of other illness, it will also help you get rid of the extra flab.
- You can either have them boiled or just chew them raw as soon as you get up in the morning.
4. A Bowl Full Of Different Berries:
Berries are low in sugar and also contain different nutrients that help to keep the body healthy and fit. They contain less sugar and are a wonderful aid to those who want to lose weight.
- Club together blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, all in one bowl and eat them early in the morning.
Besides being a good source of vitamin C, K and fibre, kiwis contain fewer calories and fill the stomach. Since it contains a good amount of fibre, it also helps in digestion and cleanses the body.
-It is up to you, you can either make kiwi juice or just eat the fruit first thing in the morning to lose some weight.
6. Soaked Chia Seeds:
Low in cholesterol and sodium content, these small, little seeds called chia, help in regulating the weight of your body. According to scientists and health experts, chia seeds control the fat absorption capacity of the body, thus making you lose more.
- Just soak two teaspoons of chia seeds in a small bowl of water and let it be the first thing that you have in the morning.
7. Green Tea:
This is something that all are aware of. A cup of green tea in the morning is sure to keep your weight in check and also give you better health. It is composed of some of the best ingredients which help you in maintaining a balanced weight.
- Drink a cup of green tea first thing after you wake up and feel the difference.
8. Coconut Water:
Besides keeping your body hydrated and giving it the energy it requires, coconut water also helps in getting rid of those extra fats and keeps you fit and slim. It also has a good amount of fibre which helps to keep the weight in check and it also gives you a glowing, healthy skin.
- Drink a glass of coconut water first thing in the morning to be energized along with staying fit.
You all know this, don't you? Losing weight is almost equivalent to drinking lemon juice, but there is a catch! Just having or drinking lemon juice any time of the day will not cut down the weight. To make the most of this gem of a fruit, you need to let it into your body first thing in the morning.
- To get the most from it, drink a glass of lemon juice without salt or sugar in it.
If you really want to savour the goodness of butter without gaining an inch, grab an avocado. It keeps the cholesterol level at bay and will certainly shrink the size of your belt. It also gives your skin good health along with a glow.
- Eat it first thing in the morning to get rid of some weight.
11. Spinach+ Chard+ Brocolli:
A bowl full of these green veggies is sure to keep your body and health in good shape. You can eat them raw or boil them and eat them early in the morning. It will shrink the fat in your belly and give you a healthy and fit body.
- Eat this bowl of green veggies to get rid of the extra flab.
Did you know that yogurt could help you lose weight? It keeps you filled and also tastes yummy; it has less calorie content and hence keeps the body fit and healthy.
- Have a cup of yogurt first thing in the morning to lose some weight.
13. Citrus Fruit Salad:
Mix your favourite citrus fruits all in one bowl; they act as wonderful detox agents and also help in losing weight. Grapefruit, oranges and citrus limetta are some of the best citrus fruits that taste good and keep you slim and fit.
- You can eat this citrus mixed fruit salad first in the morning.
Honey with water is one of the most common items that is consumed first thing in the morning. It cleanses the body and also helps in shedding the extra kilos. It is one of the most popular and effective ways to lose weight.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of honey in a glass of water and drink it first and experience the result.
Each item mentioned above will help in losing weight but overuse is not recommended. Make sure you consume them in proper proportions to make the best of it.