- Technology Amazon Great Deals On Mi Smartphones: Offers and Discounts On Redmi Note 8, Redmi K20 Pro And More
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Chirag Shetty, Adcocks take Pune to second consecutive win
- News CAA: Applications must give proof of religion to get Indian citizenship
- Movies Rakshit Shetty Is All Set To Resume The Shoot Of 777 Charlie From January 29
- Finance Post Office Increase Minimum Balance For Savings A/c To Rs. 500
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A pinch of black pepper used in seasoning food enhances the flavour, isn't it? Black pepper is the king of spices known to offer innumerable health benefits. Black pepper is rich in minerals like magnesium, copper, manganese, calcium, phosphorous, iron, etc.
Black pepper also contains dietary fibre and limited amounts of protein and carbohydrates. Consuming pepper facilitates digestion and prevents diarrhoea and constipation. Black pepper also prevents the formation of intestinal gas and promotes sweating and urination.
Black pepper has anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties that help fight against infections and repair the damage caused by free radicals. According to ayurveda, black pepper helps to prevent ear aches and gangrene as well.
Apart from the benefits that it offers, black pepper has potential benefit for fighting obesity and can be used as a source of flavouring agent in a weight-loss diet. Here are the 10 health benefits of black pepper for weight loss.
1. Pepper Has Powerful Compounds
Black pepper contains a powerful compound called piperine, which gives the pepper its taste. This compound interferes with the formation of new fat cells, a reaction known as adipogenesis that trims your waist and lowers cholesterol levels.
2. Pepper Contains Phytonutrients
Black pepper aids in the proper assimilation of food. Moreover, the outer layer of the black peppercorns contains potent phytonutrients that stimulate the breakdown of fat cells.
3. Black Peppercorns And Betel Leaves
For losing weight, you can add a few black peppercorns to two betel leaves and chew it once a day. This method works as a powerful weight loss tool because both pepper and betel leaves reduce the fat from your body and thereby help in reducing weight.
4. Pepper Contains Less Calories
If you are in a calorie-controlled fat loss diet, you can add black pepper. A teaspoon of black pepper has only 8 calories, which makes it a lower calorie substitute for sauces and marinades.
5. Pepper Prevents New Fat Cells From Forming
Pepper is known to reduce fatty acids, triglycerides, phospholipids and cholesterol levels in the plasma and lipid profiles. It also elevates the concentration of good cholesterol and stops the new fat cells from forming in the body.
6. Pepper Boosts Metabolism
Black pepper is found to influence lipid metabolism and functions predominantly by fatty acid mobilization. Black pepper is a thermogenic food that helps to speed up metabolism and has a significant impact on the body's metabolism rate.
7. Pepper Prevents Oxidative Stress Induced In Obesity
Obese people who consume a high-fat diet have a major risk factor in inducing oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can lead to cancer, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Black pepper is shown to significantly reduce the high-fat-diet-induced oxidative stress.
8. Pepper Burns Calories In The Body
When black pepper is combined with other spices, it has been found to burn calories whenever you eat something. Black pepper burns the intake of extra calories for hours after eating food.
9. Black Pepper Absorbs Nutrients Faster
When you are on a weight-loss diet, add pepper in it. The reason is, eating pepper gives the body the advantage of being able to draw and digest more amount of nutrients from other foods, thus aiding in weight loss.
10. Black Pepper Cuts Down The Visceral Fat
The visceral fat leads to various diseases like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, dementia, and certain types if cancers. Black pepper contains antioxidants and anti-microbial properties that fight the visceral fat in your belly.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.